• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 turned into tire burning machine. Modular 4.6l Cobra engine swap. Pics inside!

The only one called "Windsor" is the 351 Windsor.

Both 302 and 351 were built in the Windsor engine plant so BOTH are Windsors! The 351 was called 351W because there was a 351C engine built in the Cleveland engine plant used during the same years. The 351M Modified engine came out after the Cleveland went away.

I did not know the (early like back in the Boss 302 days, but the Boss 302 was a HD block) early 302s were Windsor motors. I knew the 351 Windsor and also the 351 Cleveland were made. Never knew the 302 was a Windsor motor. Never heard of the 302 Windsor, but that does not mean it did not exist. Got info on it? I like knowing obscure facts like this.

There were also two 4.8 OHC engines. One was Romeo, and I forget the other name. :oops:But the other was was supposedly a beefier motor. Acccording to Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine.

I did not know the (early like back in the Boss 302 days, but the Boss 302 was a HD block) early 302s were Windsor motors. I knew the 351 Windsor and also the 351 Cleveland were made. Never knew the 302 was a Windsor motor. Never heard of the 302 Windsor, but that does not mean it did not exist. Got info on it? I like knowing obscure facts like this.

the 351 is just a 302 with the deck height increased. the 302 can be found in mostly mustangs, torinos, f150's they come in flat tappet and roller cam configuration, carb'd, single point injection or just injected. Easy to find and reliable, huge after-market; you could probably build a carb'd, flat tappet engine to 400 hp with heads, a 650cfm carb, an intake manifold and headers. :nod:

what are you using for a driveshaft?

Probably a custom job.
more importantly what are you using for a rear diff? and how wide are your rubbers?

Both 351s and 302s were built in both WIndsor and Cleveland types. The Cleveland is a physically bigger block.
We had Clevelands in Aus spec Falcons up until 1983 when the V8 Falcons were dropped. We had Windsors in them too.
When the V8 option came back in '92 it was in a new generation of Falcons which were designed for inline six only and the Clevo wouldn't fit properly so they were WIndsor 302 (5.0) from then until the Modular engine was introduced to the Australian lineup in 2002, and I believe these were the last WIndsors produced.

I never knew 302 were Wndsors. I learned something new tonite.

Probably a custom job.
more importantly what are you using for a rear diff? and how wide are your rubbers?

I?m still using the original d30 axle with welded diff, the tires are 195 :lol:
I have already purchased a 9" axle with 4.11:1 ratio and its waiting to be installed, an then I will be going for wider tires.

I?m still using the original d30 axle with welded diff, the tires are 195 :lol:
I have already purchased a 9" axle with 4.11:1 ratio and its waiting to be installed, an then I will be going for wider tires.

That's what I like to hear. Please post up all pictures and give a good write-up as to how you installed it.

Hey!! They sell these clamps at the shop! They are from Sweden and are like 2.50 a pop! Super expensive! Good quality though.
IMG_7902.jpg

Hmmmmmm, so what's the top end speed on her??. BTW, you may need to buy into a Tire Wholesale business.;-):lol::nod:

Just a quick question, how did you disable the PATS on your car? Did you get the PCM reflashed or use a completely different engine management setup?

Last edited:
Just a quick question, how did you disable the PATS on your car? Did you get the PCM reflashed or use a completely different engine management setup?

PATS doesn?t come until 96, i?m using the 95 ecu. But I still had to change the ecu from auto to manual, disable egr and more, and for that I?m using Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor 2010. Those two together give me total live control of the ecu. I can data log, and change any values while driving. Plus I can even get a four position switch to change between 4 different calibrations if I wanted. I love this thing!

Back