• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

10 spline M46 turbo clutch

Xeroni

MPG?
The wagon is in need of a stronger clutch. Right now it has a B21/M46 from a '76 240 with the coarse 10 spline input shaft. Anything over 15 psi at high revs/gears slips the clutch. I had ordered a four puck from Clutchnet, but after being sent the wrong one and sending it back to be fixed they never got back to me.

For us cheap bastards there's a bunch of Saab clutch options for those with the newer M46s but I can't find anything "value" wise for the early M46s. Spec has a "Stage" 1-4 kit for under 400 but that's a little spendy for me. I was thinking of emailing Spec and getting just their stage 3 clutch and using a non intercooled turbo pressure plate.

Anyone have any ideas for a cheap clutch my M46?

Are you looking just for the clutchdisk?

Found this with a google-search: http://wtservice.se/index.php?route=product/product&path=75&product_id=126

Sinterlamell 215mm
Volvo 1"x10 splines (Grovsplines)
6st 1.0 mm schims medf?ljer.
Lamellen ?r 8mm tjock, anv?nds plant sv?nghjul och orginal tryckplatta ska tryckplattan schimsas ut 1,0mm.

This disk is a 4puck, 8mm thick, has 10splines ,od is 215mm and includes six 1mm shims. The last sentece translates to something like this: "This disk is 8mm thick, if using a flat flyhweel and original pressureplate the pp must be shimmed 1mm."

They also offer both disk and pp here:http://wtservice.se/index.php?route=product/product&path=75&product_id=123

950sek is about 103usd
1595sek is 173usd

That would be perfect. Shipping might be high though. Also looking through the site with google translate they don't seem to ship outside of Sweden?

Are you using a stock B21 clutch? If so, I'd go for a better pressure plate. I don't think that just putting sintered disc improves grip that much. And it doesn't even matter whether you are using 10 or 22 spline disc, same pressure plate fits.

1mm shim for that linked 8mm thick disc is way too thick. New stock disc thickness spec is 7.2-7.8mm. Better to have it assembled with max 0.5mm shims or without any for better grip. I'm using 8 valve Saab turbo 215mm pressure plate and 8.1mm sintered disc without shims and works fine. 1.5bar(around 21.7psi) boost with Eaton M65 and HX40 with B230 hasn't yet been enough to make it slip...

Back