• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Motronic 4.4 Immobilizer

Jush

I am doing a RWD conversion using a T5. So far I am just re routing my ecu loom.

My main concern is the immobilizer. The information on the internet is a bit mystical. I will be using an ECU and Harness I pulled from a 97 850 GLT that had 4.4. My concern is that there may not be any way to run the ECU without the immobilizer, since I have already got rid of my car I have no chance at getting the module back either.

Is there a way to by-pass or am I completely out of luck?

Thanks!

Budget.

These 850 ECU's are extremely capable and forgiving, my plan is to keep as much stock equipment as possible to avoid grenading anything when I'm forcing 15psi. I'm very fimiliar with the EMS in P80 cars and only need it to run the engine because it's going to be a track car.

The car I am swapping - my 1981 Rx7

I am still searching for the info I need, so far I'm still optimistic since my car never had a chipkey.

I was hoping so.

Now I just need to find out what I'm going to have to jump or bypass to prevent any no start. Even though car was not chip keyed, if the car did not detect the doors were unlocked it wouldn't start. My car's sensor was a bit faulty, sometimes the alarm would trigger even with the keyed unlock, also preventing the car from starting (Just lock and unlock again - solved). I'm just trying to avoid a very disappointing first start attempt.

Thanks though, any insight is greatly appreciated.

Also - if anyone using the diagrams - here - Has any idea where to find out the component list for the high numbers! i.e. anything above 10/** they are not listed in the link provided.

Now I just need to find out what I'm going to have to jump or bypass to prevent any no start.
It's all in the 210/211 relay under the fusebox inside the dash. If doors are locked with the remote, then the relay prevents starting. A search will show the function and which pins have to be jumped. It can be bypassed by not using that relay in your build. Cars with only central locking do not have that feature.

What engine are you using? A HPT T5 or a LPT 97 GLT? (You mention "T5", but that also might be the transmission you're using)

How comfortable are you with messing with computer stuff? The bins discussed on the M4.4 Wiki have the immobilizer disabled, but are stock otherwise.

I recently started messing with the ECU flashing after the engine swap in the wife's '97 GLT. Having some issues with the fact that the '97 GLT ECU appears to be an oddball (concerning the AC functions), but in TunerPro, you're able to disable diagnostics on certain systems, to avoid CEL's, which you may have problems with, if you try and use a stock ECU.

I'm still learning on it, and tuning is a bit more involved than with MS (Have 2 MS cars), but you can start with a stock, drive-able, tune.

I am using a B5234T5 with a 93 cylinder head, Japanifold, 15g, me7 intake, Deeworks T/b adapter.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to do megasquirt, but most of you American brickers don't understand actually how bad our dollar value is compared to yours. Stuff in Canada is ridiculously expensive.
I do understand how great a learning experience it would be, but for right now the stock ECU will be plenty of power. Hooking up stock ECU is essentially free, and I don't really need to make more power until I learn the car and that's a few years away anyways.

I have indeed looked into the 4.4 wiki, I really don't know much about software related... well, anything. Would be really cool and if I was going to go that route I would get in contact with this guy.

Again thanks everyone, you guys are awesome.

Last edited:
What engine are you using? The '97 GLT is the 2.4L Low-Pressure Turbo engine with a slightly higher static compression vs the 2.3L High-Pressure Turbo.

That 97 GLT ECU is tuned for the tiny 13T turbo, red injectors, low boost.

What engine are you using? The '97 GLT is the 2.4L Low-Pressure Turbo engine with a slightly higher static compression vs the 2.3L High-Pressure Turbo.

That 97 GLT ECU is tuned for the tiny 13T turbo, red injectors, low boost.

You would be very surprised at what you can get away with on P80 cars.
I am using a B5234T5 with a 93 cylinder head, Japanifold, 15g, me7 intake, Deeworks T/b adapter, Homer's T5 adapter. T5 Trans

Last edited:
Back