• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Black Interior Conversion

Homer

OEMplus++
300+ Club
So this will be an ongoing thread. I recently scored a complete black interior from a 1990 240 for 55$ in Omaha, NE. I'm tired of the blue interior I've got currently.
First project was to reupholster the nasty hatshelf and faded black seatbelt covers. Also ordered some MB Quarts for the front and rear.

Current interior.
Picture1501.jpg

Replacements for the tired Bostons up front and upsizing the 4" Audax that were in the rear deck.
IMG_2894.jpg

Bought some Ultrasuede.
IMG_2902.jpg

You can tell the cover on the right was the first one I did. I might redo it to clean the corner seam up a bit.
IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

Took those in B&W because color was making it look brown. Stupid camera.

Last edited:
I REALLLYYY want to put some micro/ultra suede on my dash and rear deck when I get the money to throw some decent 6x9's on the rear deck.

How hard was it to get all that suede looking nice and smooth with no wrinkles and what not?

AGH. I really just want to do everything in the suede.

Awesome, I've got some grey suede here waiting for me to recover the current tan stuff in my 760.

And yours looks awesome so far. doing the pillars is very worth it imo.

Haha, He's joking.
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/products/detail.asp?catid=56&subid=127&plid=532
Find that. 16$ a can. With 55% VOCs you know it's good!
Item_1781.jpg

Just be careful if you decide to use vinyl. I covered my rear deck in black vinyl and the spray adhesive melted the first yard. I was using Permatex or Super 77 though. What a mess.

Carpet is the way to go on a rear deck, IMHO, but I really love that you upholstered the seatbelt retraction mech. covers. Looks great, let's see it in the car!

I have a full set of the black suede/leather seats out of a V70R that would look awesome in your car..:)

you should buy them..

Back