• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carbed to LH 2.4

Asphyxious

I have a carbed '84 244 with B21A and am working on putting a '91 B230FT with LH2.4 computers out of a 740 into it.

My question is what wiring harness is the easiest and tidiest to put into the car?
Does it have to be out of a turbo car or is it the same from a NA?
240 harness because 240 body or 740 harness because originally 740 motor?
Thanks

The harness itself does not matter if it is from a turbo or NA though
As long as the computers are the turbo ones everything will plug in right?

Only difference is you will have to extend the maf sensor wires to passenger side for pre turbo maf with a non turbo harness

Other thing is the 240 NA lh2.4 harness doesn't have the ballast resistors for the injectors. Easy fix, use high impedance injectors. Or you can add it. I did.

I'd use any 89-93 240 NA lh2.4 harness. Easiest for sure.

So I was at the junk yard today for about an hour while my friend got some parts.
I managed to pull the complete harness coming from the computers out of a 1990 NA 240.
I didn't have time to pull the harness that goes along the drivers side and into the dash. What all will I need from under the dash?

I'm also wondering. I'm what's all needed is the engine harness seprate from the dash stuff? Do you guys pull the diff Speedo wires as well?

From harness near ecu follow wires towards drivers side under glove box area you will find a white/clear plug it will either be 9pins or 11 for abs models. Cut on drivers side leaving yourself a pigtail. This will make life easier when you run new wires to their locations which I can help with. As far as speedo wires go yes pull sensor from diff an then into trunk in trunk over wheel well wires enter a black box be sure to get that once passed te black box you can cut an add wire later or don't be lazy an pull wires all the way to front of vehicle it's just 3 wires no big deal to cut. So it should be green and black and white if I remember right. I can look it up in one of my threads it's easier one is a ground one goes to a spade connector on speedo cluster an one goes to ecu if I remember right

Back