• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What to pull for a 16v swap

TempleUWS6

Ok so I have a '90 245; while making several trips to the PnP for +T stuff while on my lunch break over the past 3 days, I spotted this Tuesday in the parking lot while in my car ready to leave.

At first I was like, aw sweet, maybe a TB'r; but when the truck that was blocking the front moved, I was like oh **** yeah, even better!!!

Then today, it was ripe!!!

What all should I pick while I'm in there to swap over along with +Ting.
What else should I consider? Very green to +T and the 16v.

Also, yesterday I spotted this on the way in and caught him on the way out; Older gentleman named Joe, said he got it at auction for $499; clean, low miles, one owner. He was unaware of TB or brickboard.

Last edited:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+to+pull+for+a+16v+swap+turbobricks

seriously, just add turbobricks to google searches to get all you need.

or the FAQ
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=26609

I'm going tomorrow then leaving for the weekend! I dont want this one to slip away but dont have much time to spend researching.

Don't enough people check enough here everyday to chime in then let the thread slip away into the crypts? Its just more searchable materiel for someone else!

But either way, maybe move this to showroom than?

could pull the entire block... or just the head. If you are staying NA... I'd take the long block.

I want to +T it. I dont have the time to pull a motor there, if I did it might be the FT from the turbo 940 I snagged almost all the +T stuff from.

Last edited:
Don't enough people check enough here everyday to chime in then let the thread slip away into the crypts? Its just more searchable materiel for someone else!

Actually, it dilutes the information and makes searches harder and lower quality for everyone.

If you've got room for it, buy the whole car. You can be a Volvo vulture at your leisure then.:nod:

Uhg, I wish. I'm pretty new at PnP dwelling and I dont know if they'd release the whole thing. I've already chopped up an '84 245 at work; my boss really whined over that hahah. Besides, my hoard is become a bit overwhelming as it is and I dont want to venture into 740s just yet.

I went to the yard today at lunch and was getting short on time and felt it better to stop, get more tools and come back later. I came back with not much time to spare and got it half way ready to come out. Exhaust bolts didn't give a fight at all! This things only got 135k on it!

I'll be back when they open tomorrow to snag it before any other brickhawks do!!

After doing the research, looks like I wont be doing the swap for a little while; need to collect all the necessary items first and plan it out. I'm trying to +T is first this summer; maybe 16v it next summer!

Pull the whole engine. If they nickel and dime you for the head, it will have been cheaper to pull the whole thing.

This.

And damn Temple, what a streak of JY luck you've been having. haha

TB's been making me crave hardcore for a 245, ugh

Back