• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sunroof repair

LeedomtoFreedom

So the manual gearbox for my 264 sunroof is starting to bind. It'll spin fine and then the teeth will start to misalign and cause it to bind up. Has anyone found a solution for this or should I just buy a replacement.

Also still trying to buy a 016 or 012 AMM.

There are two screws that attach that casting to two other castings that are part of the sunroof assembly. Take the handle off and see if the screws that hold that casting are loose. It may be that simple. If they are loose and tightening them makes everything work properly, remove them one at a time and put a drop of blue thread locker on them and reinstall them. They tend to work loose.

Yeah I suspected that, but after removing the gearbox and operating it separately it will just bind up at random intervals where the teeth meet head on. I'll probably just buy a new one.

The gearbox is supposed to bind up - it works on an eccentric to act as a stop to prevent overwinding.

It wont work unless you have pressure on it though, so refitting seems to be trail and error, well, that's how I've done it (don't let women wind them...)

If you need me to look at my 244, which has a moonroof functioning properly, to see what it is supposed to look like, let me know.

Last edited:
Back