• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Console A/C switch delete???How to...

BlueSwede

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove A/c switch without busting up console..
If I once knew I forgot :oops:

It has a almost semi circle looking nut around the knob bolt.
I can get the front panel portion up and out but cannot pull through with the guts in the way.

a/c is gone but said switch is taking up valuable real estate. 2 spaces actually..

If no one knows how to remove whole switch I would be happy with taking out guts so i can use the space adjacent...anyone have one out of car to check if has screws to front panel of switch?? or is it bonded to front??

Last edited:
REmove the knob, then the little plate that covers it. Remove nut. Switch comes out from the back. Take 2 side covers off and remove 2 screws from bottom of console. Pul console out slightly and now you can take the switch out. No big deal.

Is this an on/off switch or the turny dial switch?

I'd love to see somebody make the turny dial switch into a boost controller.

But yeah, it should just pull right out like he said ^^

Is this an on/off switch or the turny dial switch?

I'd love to see somebody make the turny dial switch into a boost controller.

But yeah, it should just pull right out like he said ^^
Yeah that's what I thought...^^^^^^..
Dial turn thingy...
The nut is the problem..it is recessed into the front plate..
I cannot get to it..and it's not a reg nut but some nut with one side flat..
so can i just pull hard on the front plate and remove..??
still stumped...

Yeah that's what I thought...^^^^^^..
Dial turn thingy...
The nut is the problem..it is recessed into the front plate..
I cannot get to it..and it's not a reg nut but some nut with one side flat..
so can i just pull hard on the front plate and remove..??
still stumped...

Sounds like the knob came apart and the metal collar that is usually pressed into the knob is stuck on the switch still.

Take a pair of needle nose pliers or a small wire dike and using a prying motion (keeping tip of tool against knob plate, jaw of tool gripping collar) pull back and up and see if it comes off.

Yep sounds like the knob metal thingy is stick on switch post. Pull it off with pliers, then use a screwdriver that'll fit 1/2 of the screw slot, to loosen the nut. Pull switch from backside of CC cover.

Got it...
I forgot the a/c switch panel plate is two pieces.
The portion with the "graphics" pops off and that is where access to the retaining nut is..
The front plate was just being stubborn..

Thanks guys..just needed some feedback/confirmation.....
Ilove Tbricks..

Yep, took me a minute to figure it out the 1st time I did it. I find that most 240 stuff is so simple, that if you're used to American cars, ya overlook/overthink it, because ya are expecting it to be harder.

Back