• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

scrap wagon - '69 145 - always for sale

What's going on with the lock cylinder?
There's still sticker residue from the Nixon Now sticker. LOL

Are you talking about how it's at a slant? IDK the original has the same thing happening.

Now, should I shave the rear wiper like the 69 should have ?

Awesome! Any write ups on the mustanalg coilover swap?

So, does the Mustang II coils fit without modification?

It's the obvious that escapes:-P plus that picture kind of sucks

PO enlarged the lower control arm hole and modifed the top of the shock mount, made a bracket that bolts the top of the shock. The bottom of the shock hangs down quite a bit from the lower CA. Just dont hit anything, I guess.

You could probably fabricate a wider shock mount on top and stuff the coilover up further but then you would be messing with the upper CA mounting. If I'm going to use this setup I'll reinforce the lower shock brackets - too thin of a wall IMO

overall I think it's clever and mustang II coilovers are cheap

EC900360-06D4-4635-9596-25E934622BC3_zpsz8mtqlw5.jpg

enhanced
2f89ed86-cfc0-4a52-a436-41dead979e17_zpsye2deg8m.jpg

Not on this car. Since all the rain, evacuations and work I been too busy trying to catch up on daily activities I missed. Right now Im fixing the brakes on my 122. When that is done work will resume on this thing.

Are you talking about how it's at a slant? IDK the original has the same thing happening.

Now, should I shave the rear wiper like the 69 should have ?

It's the obvious that escapes:-P plus that picture kind of sucks

PO enlarged the lower control arm hole and modifed the top of the shock mount, made a bracket that bolts the top of the shock. The bottom of the shock hangs down quite a bit from the lower CA. Just dont hit anything, I guess.

You could probably fabricate a wider shock mount on top and stuff the coilover up further but then you would be messing with the upper CA mounting. If I'm going to use this setup I'll reinforce the lower shock brackets - too thin of a wall IMO

overall I think it's clever and mustang II coilovers are cheap

Thanks for the info, gives me some ideas for that could be done with these shocks.

HA!

I just got my 80 GT running. Only other thing is to finish rebuilding my trucks front suspension, I got it 1/2 done. This car got pulled to the front of my garage. I'm going to check the fuel system and pull the carbs off to clean them. So hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to show progress

I'll also be rebuilding this tread .. transferring images

So, show us something... :)

:oops:
.....aint much happening. it's on a long list of things to do. I been organizing and cleaning out my garage. Will be pouring concrete driveway soon so I don't have to work on cardboard anymore. Wife also just bought a 72 Beetle so that and the floor replacement in the Amazon are #1 on the list

xDMcBevh.jpg

Spring is my busy time ... hopefully this year too

Giving the amount of time since your last post on this thread, I would like to get an update on the current state of your car. I saw some great cars in that photo of your scrap yard that you've posted. Of course, they are probably out of service, but some of them still seem to have that smell of classic, good old times. I would also like to know how is your business going at the moment, with this whole pandemic situation? Spring is usually a busy time for scrap yard owners. Of course, some use scrapi.com because they are UK’s leading car scrapping service, and also they make it easier than ever to get paid for your old car.

That’s “scrap yard” is my backyard

Last edited:
Giving the amount of time since your last post on this thread, I would like to get an update on the current state of your car. I saw some great cars in that photo of your scrap yard that you've posted. Of course, they are probably out of service, but some of them still seem to have that smell of classic, good old times. I would also like to know how is your business going at the moment, with this whole pandemic situation? Spring is usually a busy time for scrap yard owners. Of course, some use scrapi.com because they are UK’s leading car scrapping service, and also they make it easier than ever to get paid for your old car.

That last sentence makes it seem like the entire post was taken directly out of marketing material. Given that you just created an account today, only have one post, and it is a necro-post at that smells off.

Are you an actual person?

Last edited:
That last sentence makes it seem like the entire post was taken directly out of marketing material. Given that you just created an account today, only have one post, and it is a necro-post at that smells off.

Are you an actual person?

Good point.

Missed that on my phone !!

Next Time need to squint better

Back