• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What size tires for 240 + 15x7.5 inch wheels?

SwedishBee

Drill em deep
What size tires do I get for some 15x7.5 inch remotec wheels?
The car will probably not be lowered, just a stock 85 245ti.
Ive been guessing at sizes and I have a feeling there is not going to be much selection.

235/55R-15. But, will there be room to run a tire this wide on a 240? A 225/55R-15 might be a better fit.

Last edited:
what's your car's setup and how do you drive it? 225 is a lotta rubber unless you need it...my 242 handles real well and has a nice steering weight with 195/55/16. there was a huge difference in steering weight coming from 205/55/16. plus, it'll look cooler with a stretch. i vote 195/60 or 205/60...unless there's something under the hood I should worry about.

I use 205/60/15 on 15x7 on my daily driver 244. I wouldn't want anything taller. 205 on a 7" (or 7.5") fits well. The sidewall is vertical and well supported. It's also a common size available in lots of different models.

It may depend on what type of tire you want.

I use 205/60/15 on 15x7 on my daily driver 244. I wouldn't want anything taller. 205 on a 7" (or 7.5") fits well. The sidewall is vertical and well supported. It's also a common size available in lots of different models.

It may depend on what type of tire you want.

For the wagon, stock ride height is with 25.6 inch diameter tires, and a (near) perfect tire is a 215/60-15 which is 25.1 inch dia and your speedo will be +1 mph at 60. You will love how it handles and is much more stable than the 205/60-15, especially for loads in the cargo bay, and greatly improves the highway ride quality. I run 215's on my 245 w 15 x 7 wheels. It is about the widest tire you can fit with a 20 mm offset.

When folks say 205/60-15 it is for the sedan tire size match, not the wagon.

Last edited:
if available 205 55 r15 is great too.. i have those on the 245 here. Speedometer is pretty accrate too 69 mph = 70 mph. (sorry keyboard beer spill keys no longer working).
Unless you changed the speedo, that tire will give +7 mph speedo error (23.8 inches, more than 2 inches smaller diameter than stock). I have used that size on a 965 and it was a mistake, it is a puny tire, load rating is not enough for a wagon IMHO.

On my 244 a ~24.9-25" tire provides an accurate speedometer, not the stock sized tire. For what it's worth.

I just put a set of 205/50/15 RE11's on my 240 on Virgos. They look good, but if the car is at stock ride height, you will have massive fender gap.

Not if:

You converted an automatic 245 to m46, kept original 3.73:1 rear ratio.

Used B21FT M46 speedo gear. Mated it to later sedan mechanical speedo.

Forgot those details. Basically I am using sedan tire dimensions, if you have a sedan 205 55 r 15 will still be reasonably accurate.

Unless you changed the speedo, that tire will give +7 mph speedo error (23.8 inches, more than 2 inches smaller diameter than stock). I have used that size on a 965 and it was a mistake, it is a puny tire, load rating is not enough for a wagon IMHO.

I run 225/50/15 on my car. The only rub is due to the car being too low and the bushings being worn with the exception of ONE spot on the fender lip and that is only because I have a very steep driveway.

I run 225/50/15 on my car. The only rub is due to the car being too low and the bushings being worn with the exception of ONE spot on the fender lip and that is only because I have a very steep driveway.

Sure?

Check the undercoating on your rear inner wheel wells.

Those wheels did a job on my 82 245 before you got them.

Sure?

Check the undercoating on your rear inner wheel wells.

Those wheels did a job on my 82 245 before you got them.
The Remotecs are likely lower offset than the stock wheels that rubbed to begin with in the odd situations that they do. Kind of like p2 cars with the 235s that rub at full lock, too. Some slight rubbing is no problem.

Back