• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

speed switch at certain speeds, any recommendations 1990 volvo 240 auto

That switch seems to just buddy up to the current speed sensor on the car, but I wonder how it's converting it?

This all said, doesn't LH2.4 have this function but based on temp? I wonder if any of the tuning people could make an adjustment for it to work the way you'd want?

JEGS and some other sell different versions of driveshaft rotation speed sensor (usually Hall type). You'll still have to design circuit to convert that to the relay control signal.
This can also be useful for electric intercooler fan control on turbos- not just AC.

If a 1990 240 has a factory pusher fan it is usually triggered by a temp switch either in the lower coolant hose or the radiator. That wouldn't let the fan come on if you are driving at 40mph since you should have enough cooling at that speed.

I was assuming he meant with the A/C on.

I think my '93 240 would only turn the fan on if a high-pressure switch in the A?C system kicked on, meaning the condenser was getting a little too warm and overpressuring the system. So it would kick off if it was getting sufficient airflow, regardless of speed or air temp.

I guess that's another alternative, they certainly sell adjustable temperature switched with probes designed to fit into radiator fins, you could get similar functionality, just more directly aimed at the issue - how warm the condenser is.

I thought about the temperature switch but I never liked the adjustable probes in radiators. I figured someone made a nice little gps unit that would go in easily.

Back