• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

Yup, you can use slotted or non-slotted, doesn't matter for you. Slotted is for head mounted distributors.

time to raid on of my 360 head's i got here!
Got these in the mail today from germany too!

img3592c.jpg

Update on the whole swap thing that i did not think of/knew and taking care of now, things bold are already done just need to pickup/install

- AW71 drivetrain from a 240, 740 does not fit
- Plug for head
- distributor
- rear axle from +86 240 (diff with speedsensor)

You may run into an issue with the rear brake lines where the steelflex line attaches to the axle, the form of the coupling can be wrong for the hard line on the axle. The thread fits but the end of the steelflex line is like this > and the end of the hard line is like that too <. You need > to > flared. Kinda hard to explain here but on my 240 i ran into that issue, also have Goodridge lines but maybe this seller sells the correct set? Fixed it by modifying the copper tubing on the rear axle.

You may run into an issue with the rear brake lines where the steelflex line attaches to the axle, the form of the coupling can be wrong for the hard line on the axle. The thread fits but the end of the steelflex line is like this > and the end of the hard line is like that too <. You need > to > flared. Kinda hard to explain here but on my 240 i ran into that issue, also have Goodridge lines but maybe this seller sells the correct set? Fixed it by modifying the copper tubing on the rear axle.

i asked him 4 times if he was sure (seller in germany) he assured me these would be the ones i need. But now i will install a +86 axle so i really hope thats still the same.
This is a set for a 242 from 77' as far as i know. If not that guy will have to help me out. Got it for 140 EUR shipped. Seems pretty cheap cause usally they are around 30 euro's a line at least so i was already not to sure if i would get them :lol:

Why not just get normal hoses/lines instead of the SS brakelines? E140 is quite an investment. (compared to what I'm used to, 360 has only 3 lines which makes it a lot cheaper.)
Not meant as critisism, just sounds like $$$$$. Normal ones are only E4-7 a peace on ebay.

Looks like this will become a nice ride.

Why not just get normal hoses/lines instead of the SS brakelines? E140 is quite an investment. (compared to what I'm used to, 360 has only 3 lines which makes it a lot cheaper.)
Not meant as critisism, just sounds like $$$$$. Normal ones are only E4-7 a peace on ebay.

Looks like this will become a nice ride.

Puting in a turbo engine means making some updates to the brakes too, lines where busted anyway and needed replacing so i decided to update. And yes its costing more than i hoped for but that's the price for a safe and fun ride...
Still 140 is a good deal for 6 quality SS lines so im not complaining

WTF cut the shaft down?

Boris, you also need this to block off the hole where the distributor used to be.

http://www.vomd.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_318_243_286&products_id=760

I'd say go with Buchka WastedSpark. That way you don't need to put in the shaft for the distributor, and the distributor itself. Plus it has better, consistent spark. Might be better for your LPG. I think what you already got for that MS setup is suitable.

Haha mind my words, TB style. I've seen some conversions where the small shaft where the rotor slots onto was cut down.. not my style. Not even TB style actually, seen it on Garaget or 240tic or something.

TB style, you REMOVE the shaft, and than wonder why your oil pressure went down :-P

I had Goodrich Benelux (delft) made me some SS line's for my 164, I have never driven a 164 that braked that nice! I only paid €120,- I provided the measurements.

120 euro's is not bad at all! if you look online for premade sets for 200 series you can easly spend 200 euro's

120 euro's is not bad at all! if you look online for premade sets for 200 series you can easly spend 200 euro's

i think i got my set (Goodridge) for 110 shipped incl stainless steel couplings? but thats some time ago. The set you have has all stainless steel couplings, thats nice, some cheaper Goodridge sets have normal steel couplings.

About the fitting problem, not sure if i put the rear lines in the other way, that could explain the issue i ran into. dont think so because that would have been too obvious but im not 100% sure now. The nuts that are threaded onto the line are on the wrong end now i think, thats the end where they are fitted to the limiting valves at the chassis.

Next Saturday i will pick up a Pre86 axle with speed sensor so we'll see about the fitments in the rear axle break lines. I have yet to see a websites that sells em cheaper but its fine i got the stuff i need now.

Today i spend 2 hours on the engine bay again. de rusted the front panel and sanded down the spots that got rusty again and gave it a treatment with some zink compound. It makes a chemical reaction with the iron so its not a paint. It should keep the rust away for a while :)

img3608pk.jpg

img3610o.jpg

img3611b.jpg

img3612i.jpg

img3613q.jpg

img3615w.jpg

img3616a.jpg

Last edited:
When I switched the rear axle on my -79 to a newer speedo axle, I just hung up the lines+calipers, switched the axle, and mounted it back once I was done with the axle swap. the lines fit the newer axle as well, also, you don't have to bleed the brakes if you do it that way

When I switched the rear axle on my -79 to a newer speedo axle, I just hung up the lines+calipers, switched the axle, and mounted it back once I was done with the axle swap. the lines fit the newer axle as well, also, you don't have to bleed the brakes if you do it that way

calipers are siezed im sure, been parked for 3 years. i wanna take all the brakeparts of and rebuild them anyway. but thanks for the tip :)

Oh been a while already, here are a few updates. Mostly just spending money but still results.
Got 2 brand new race seats, simons sport turbo exhaust, some seals and got J2 to weld in bungs for the LH and wideband into the DP Thanks buddy!

img3674ek.jpg

img3671w.jpg

img3670a.jpg

img3669f.jpg

img3668zn.jpg

Back