• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 performance mod questions

BB-Q

(. )( .)
T5 Whiteblock performance mod questions

Hi guys. Sorry to act a bit like a newbie, but when it comes to whiteblocks, I am! :oops:

I'm currently gathering parts to do a T5 engine swap in my 245 (purely because a T6 has't turned up at the right money yet).

I understand that the rods are good to around 400bhp with a good tune, but with a set of rods being ?230, I see no point in not changing them. I assume the pistons are okay at this level? I'd ideally like to reach 2bar (28psi) of boost (as that's where the Holset I'll be using is in it's sweet spot), but budget rather than bhp goals dictates my boost levels.

I've got a early (big port, apparently), non VVTi head for it, but it's missing the cams. I'm told that N/A ones are the ones to go for, but I'm guessing they'll need re-timing. Do I time them the same as I would for a 16v redblock?

Gennuine T5R for the head gasket?

Fabrication is't a problem for me, so i'll be making my own header from 304. Not looking forward to making the collector though, if I'm honest :omg: I'll make a 3" exhaust system for it, again in 304.

The engine I have is a B5234T3 so has the correct inlet manifold for the 240. I understand I'll need to adapt it for a manual throttle body. I've already got a huge EVO intercooler that I'm using for my current +T, and the tray cooler from a early Disco that will be my oil cooler.

Radiator? Is there something factory I can use?

I'll be using Megasquirt, in true TB tradition.

Injector sizing I've yet to work out. It's not rocket science though.

For transmission I'll most likely go for a BMW 530D one with an adapter plate, since that's roughly the same price as getting a whiteblock M90, and a much stronger transmission.

Thanks in advance. For now, though, I'm going to go to my man-cave and continue rebuilding the B230F+T that's on the stand. :)

My keyboard has just decided it doesn't like typing 'N's, so my apologies if I've missed any out!

Last edited:
Back