• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mazda b2000/Ranger front sway bar

B2000 was a true Mazda, and only built through the very early 90s. You want a B2300/B3000/B4000 part. That install is sketchy as hell too, you need something on top of the rubber to keep it from popping up under stress. Using a piece of 1.5x.5" steel or aluminum bar as a spacer would work.

B2000 was a true Mazda, and only built through the very early 90s. You want a B2300/B3000/B4000 part. That install is sketchy as hell too, you need something on top of the rubber to keep it from popping up under stress. Using a piece of 1.5x.5" steel or aluminum bar as a spacer would work.

Looks like a two piece bracket that traps the bushing to me.

4904542112_fcf8dd679f_b.jpg

Still looks sketchy. Besides, who wouldn't want an opportunity to put something "billet" on their car?

Stock 240's 740's and 940's all have the same setup with a double bracket that traps the bushing.

:e-shrug:

Billet stuff is for meatheads anyway, the trick is to recombine the Volvo parts bin to get what you need.

Last edited:
Billet stuff is for meatheads anyway, the trick is to recombine the Volvo parts bin to get what you need.
Indeed, sir. Makes it repeatable and easily repairable.

OP, I don't know where you live, but anything "junk" around here from the 90s is long gone to the recycling afterlife. Shipping a bar isn't that cheap either. How much are you looking to save to make the attempt? Fox Mustang bars have been questioned as well. Also, unless you are needing a drop style bar for a swap, aftermarket bars that fit proper come up on here all the time. Patience?

Mostly just idle curiosity, but here in South Florida there's like at least 10 rangers lying around any given junkyard near me, and even more are being parted out on craigslist. I figure that if something fits and works well, it might be a good alternate to spending a few hundred on an aftermarket part.

Right I suppose my question would be why? The double sways are the right kind of ghetto atmo...

Damn, US market only products. Thread title needs fixing ASAP :p

As an aside, I had to fit "billet" spacers on my 240 23mm sway bar to get it to clear the balance shaft housing on the stock B234F I stuffed into it:

DYJdfG7UMAAHg84.jpg

DYJeLs_VMAEer4g.jpg

DYJePECV4AE8-AF.jpg

Back