• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got a lil electrical problem

growley

has a large member
I was driving today listening to music when all of the sudden my radio (aftermarket) lost power. Then the power kept coming on and off. Normally when the radio is off and the radio has power the time is displayed but it flashes completely off and on. Any ideas? Thanks

Its more then likely one of two wires in the back of the radio came loose. Either the constant 12v wire or the switched 12v wire. If your comfortable with it remove your head unit and give them a lil tug see if thier loose.
Check the fuse, never know. Make sure you inspect the two powin wire and the power antena wires for splits or crack that could be touching metal.
And if none of that works turn the head unit on while its out and jiggle the wires around and see if you can get the problem to repeat.

Hope this helps....

Well it seems that was the beginning of it. My car is now dead like the battery is dead but the accessories work. I think it may be the alternator, plus i just got a battery less than a year ago. :(

Well I found out the solution and it is now fixed. One of the wires to my alternator wore off and all my accesories were turning on and off when it made contact i guess. It was sorta funny to see my tach bounce up and down. My OD works now too. :D

Back