• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My perception of a daily driver was too messed up!

One up Pat and use 12.9 studs with 12.9 nuts. Throw in some nordlock washers, while you're at it. And loctite.

That's what the discussion is all about here, pressure plate bolts. Maybe just call up arp and get some sweet 12 point rolled thread bolts!

And from personal experience... never, ever ever ever, use 8.8 for flywheel

Thats sounds bad!! ouch
Jerd good luck on swap,sounds like hackster is hookin you up! Thats pimp #### in my book. If you were closer id help ya.

I'm 99.9% sure the 10.9's will be fine. 100% sure the 12.9's will be fine.

Okay, i guess my idea of the correct part was diluted by all the filth i turned up doing internet searches. I was trying to educate myself and make the decision with confidence. I truly convinced myself that i didnt need everyone telling me what bolt grade to use.

I apologize for that, i realize i don't have the experience to be telling someone like you that you are wrong. You're right.

Thanks for putting up with me Pat.

Splitting hairs really. Why go to all this work to build this car and when you have the opportunity to get the "proper" bolt, you don't? Not trying to be a pest, but I mean really now... Pat's right.

Again its not that im to cheap to buy the "correct" bolt i was just under the impression that i had bought the right bolt until people started arguing i was wrong. Mix that in with people thinking im talking about the flywheel bolts not the pressureplate bolts and It got confusing fast.

We don't use 10.9 for flywheel, OE 12.9 only... We do use 10.9 for pressure plate.

And from personal experience... never, ever ever ever, use 8.8 for flywheel.

Good to know, ill forget about what i read and take advice from someone with tons of first hand experience.

I have been talking about pressureplate bolts this whole time (I may have called them flywheel bolts)

Does RSI stock the 12.9s to bolt the flywheel to the crank? Whats the torque spec?
Does everyone agree that 10.9s are acceptable for the pressureplate to flywheel? torque spec

And from personal experience... never, ever ever ever, use 8.8 for flywheel

Thats sounds bad!! ouch
Jerd good luck on swap,sounds like hackster is hookin you up! Thats pimp #### in my book. If you were closer id help ya.

Hahaha

Yah Sean is a great guy, I am going to take him up on that offer as soon as i finish gathering all the parts.

Thanks again Sean.

Does RSI stock the 12.9s to bolt the flywheel to the crank? Whats the torque spec?
Does everyone agree that 10.9s are acceptable for the pressureplate to flywheel? torque spec
Torque spec is in the Bentley manual. Anyone who does as much work on his own car as you do should have one of those by now. :-P

Yes, properly torqued 10.9 grade M6 bolts will work for the pressure plate. But only 12.9 will make Pat happy.

I re-use flywheel bolts or use new ones from the dealer. I don't have any experience with anything else.

Torque spec is in the Bentley manual. Anyone who does as much work on his own car as you do should have one of those by now. :-P

Yes, properly torqued 10.9 grade M6 bolts will work for the pressure plate. But only 12.9 will make Pat happy.

I re-use flywheel bolts or use new ones from the dealer. I don't have any experience with anything else.

Get a Bentley and you'll never look back

So Nathan's billet fuel rail is on with all new lines and fpr. Rewired fuel pump and added 5 gallons of fresh 92oct to the nearly empty tank. Running 45psi base pressure for fuel. I got it into boost in second a couple times(18psi). Had it in some higher rpms and the car seems like its running and driving good enough to get me to Sean's house for the transmission swap.

HAVE
W/C T5 trans
Hurst SST shifter
Josh's t5 cross member
Poly trans mount
Dale's T5 trans adapter
John V billet steel flywheel
Saab 240mm Pressure Plate
Clutchnet 6 puck sprung hub

NEED
Misc. hardware
TO and Pilot bearing
Trans fluid
Drive shaft

That reminds me, I need to come up with a shifter for my setup!!!

Good to talk to you yesterday, let me know when you are close with the rest of the parts and we will get a plan together for a weekend of tranny fun!!

If your making 18psi, I am pretty sure that it runs descent enough to make it the short drive to my place.

Also, I was thinking about your one piece driveline, I think that we should get together soon and see if by any chance it will fit in my car since it is nowhere near as low as your car. If we did that, I could donate my short front section and hook you up with a fox body output shaft and maybe come up with a driveline for you for a bit less cash and hook me up with a driveline for my car at the same time.

If your up for that let me know and we can hook up. I am thinking two weeks for me to get all the rest of my stuff together.

Talk with you soon.

Sean

If you guys do this on a Saturday I don't have my son, I'm game to drive down and lend a hand if you need.

I like the sounds of this. Could be a damn fun weekend. Nathan, hit me up with some dates in January that will work for you and we can round up Jerd's parts and get him on the road.

Pretty sure I am just going to build my own shifter like I did on the t56.

Jerd

That reminds me, I need to come up with a shifter for my setup!!!

Good to talk to you yesterday, let me know when you are close with the rest of the parts and we will get a plan together for a weekend of tranny fun!!

If your making 18psi, I am pretty sure that it runs descent enough to make it the short drive to my place.

Also, I was thinking about your one piece driveline, I think that we should get together soon and see if by any chance it will fit in my car since it is nowhere near as low as your car. If we did that, I could donate my short front section and hook you up with a fox body output shaft and maybe come up with a driveline for you for a bit less cash and hook me up with a driveline for my car at the same time.

If your up for that let me know and we can hook up. I am thinking two weeks for me to get all the rest of my stuff together.

Talk with you soon.

Sean

Ill know what i need and when i will have it by the end of today. It definitely needs to be after January 10th. (my payday) I see no reason why any weekend after that wouldn't work just fine for me.

Sounds perfect, I have tomorrow off i could bring the single piece over. If it fits i would love to work a trade.

If you guys do this on a Saturday I don't have my son, I'm game to drive down and lend a hand if you need.

The 5th? Eek I think thats a tad soon for me. Just dont know if i could do the expense before payday. (10th)

I like the sounds of this. Could be a damn fun weekend. Nathan, hit me up with some dates in January that will work for you and we can round up Jerd's parts and get him on the road.

Pretty sure I am just going to build my own shifter like I did on the t56.

Jerd

Looking at a calender the 10th is a Thursday. If all i need is the driveshaft and some fluids. Chances are i could have that ready for Saturday the 12th. It really depends on how we work this trade and if the single peice fits in your car. Ill order TO bearing and pilot bearing. Off FCPgroton tonight. (unless i can get it local) If thats all i really need to do the swap then i might be able to barrow a couple hundred from my girlfriend to wrap this thing up sooner than later.

Is there anything im forgetting? I still need to go to ace and gather the rest of the nuts and bolts for other Misc things.

Along with that, i suppose i should replace the flywheel to crank bolts with some new oem or similar. Anyone know a good place to snag these? Rsi? If it can wait until the 10th so i can get it locally i would prefer it.

The pressureplate to flywheel bolts are going to be those class 10.9s i bought. (unless im still confused and these are not acceptable)

I really like the hurst shifter i got. Cant wait to feel it in the car.

I was digging through storage and stumbled appon my bne roll correction quick steer spacers. Maybe ill pick up some new ball joints and we cans lap these on at the same time?

EDIT: Also anyone there going to know the triggerwheel settings on MS for the 60-2? Its running right now on an lh2.4 flywheel but i know the timings off one of the parameters is a guess i think bass timing is retarded more than it should be. Not like glowing header retarded but spool up is slowwww and the car is a DOG out of boost. I dont have a timing belt cover on so no timing mark. I bent a pointer and marked the crank pulley when feeling for piston position through the #1 spark plug hole. I remember it being off once i had the car running and hit it with a timing light. I remember i locked ms at 0 and lined up the mark with the arrow and the car ran like **** so i put it back to where it was.

Last edited:
I can do the 12th or the 26th. 26th would work out better for me, and maybe for Jarred to have everything?

I can do the 12th or the 26th. 26th would work out better for me, and maybe for Jarred to have everything?

Honestly its tempting because im positive i would be set by then. In fact i could fix a few other things on the car before then as well. Maybe finish the exhaust.

Dan should be in town after the 20th as well. (We did my +T at his shop a few years back, good times)

How many people is to many people Sean?

And we have to weld my dif while we are at it. :)

Last edited:
I was digging through storage and stumbled appon my bne roll correction quick steer spacers. Maybe ill pick up some new ball joints and we cans lap these on at the same time?

EDIT: Also anyone there going to know the triggerwheel settings on MS for the 60-2? Its running right now on an lh2.4 flywheel but i know the timings off one of the parameters is a guess i think bass timing is retarded more than it should be. Not like glowing header retarded but spool up is slowwww and the car is a DOG out of boost. I dont have a timing belt cover on so no timing mark. I bent a pointer and marked the crank pulley when feeling for piston position through the #1 spark plug hole. I remember it being off once i had the car running and hit it with a timing light. I remember i locked ms at 0 and lined up the mark with the arrow and the car ran like **** so i put it back to where it was.

And we have to weld my dif while we are at it. :)
Focus on the transmission, the other stuff is easy small jobs.

Back