• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

YASVT (Yet Another Sixteen Valve Turbo) - now 16V Whiteblock (LS)

Zoidberg cap.. hilarious..

To comment on JohnMc's post: I used those same engine mounts to mount my duratec engine.. They're very cheap and they're a failsafe design.. Pretty good stuff in my opinion..

need to get a better turbo manifold to go with these goodies ;)

intake side of the head (the more tedious) is done, I need to get it on the bench and balance it, but I'll probably go ahead and knock out the exhaust first since I've already got it apart.

The exhaust side of the engine will have to wait until next winter. I'm sure the log mani and chinaBay GT30R will continue to be the main bottlenecks on the engine. Just to a greater extent.

MS3X was probably some amount of overkill, but it jsut makes everything so damned simple. Just a ridiculous number of outputs already ready to go, just enable in Tuner Studio and hook up to the piggy. 8 ignition outputs, 8 injector outputs, bunches of logic level outputs and inputs. I think I even saw a dedicated E85 sensor input wire (if not, it's easy enough to add one), so I won't need my table switching E85 dash switch any more if I get one of those fuel sensors.

PS: Cams originally came from this place: http://schneidercams.com/camshafts.aspx

Ill be doing a 16v header soon for a few peeps. Ill keep my jig handy!

I'm trying to keep the A/C and power steering, which means keeping the alternator on the right side. That and the factory R134a filter/dryer/accumulator can at the back right side of the engine bay makes it a bit snug for a sprawled out tubular header.

Maybe a rams horn style with the turbo tucked down? Dunno, the next turbo will need to be a little bigger than the GT30R knockoff I have now too.

Anything is possible.....the impossible just takes a little longer.

I believe my test fit 245 has AC. When I get home ill scramble through some pics....or just head out to the yard next week. The DP gets a little tight......but I think its doable.

Mine is the '93 R134a system.
IMG_2008.JPG

Which is part of the reason I kept the turbo tucked down so low on the log mani:
IMG_2028.JPG

There's just not a lot more room down there for a larger compressor housing.

I wonder if I could relocate that drier/receiver/accumulator (whatever it is) from there to the front right corner of the engine bay, and just runa rubber line from the evaporator fitting along the fender well to it, then a flex line from there to the compressor. The way that rubber line drapes over the top of the engine like that is going to be an issue with a rams horn style manifold.

I do thye topmount header....shove it forward clearing the water pump inlet and snake the dp between primary 4 and the dryer. Might need a new hose made. I think its doable.

First time I see this thread, nice to see the planned upgrades (especially the underdrive pulley:-D)

Looks like a really nice ride!

Btw, you've put the battery in the trunk right? I'm going to do that as well, but wondering how to hold the cable in place under the car (or keep in in the interior?).

Late last year the very slow leak in the A/C system got faster, so I need to take it apart to fix it anyhow. Seems like a good time to re-route that hose.

Turbosteen - I ran my battery cable inside the car. Just tucked it down under the carpet along the edge of the floorboards all the way up to the firewall, then through a rubber grommet. Totally out of the way and unnoticeable insude.

New part I got last week from jao. Haven't bothered to take a pic of it yet until now.

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

Not twin scroll, but far better than a log, and it keeps the turbo in pretty much the same spot. I'll have to see if it requires moving the A/C filter/drier/whatever somewhere else, but I'm pretty well decided on doing that anyhow - getting rid of the hose draping over the top of the motor and moving that canister to the RF corner of the engine bay.

Back