• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Northern CA Autobody shops?

Greenchunks

I need to get my side door repainted, as well as my side view mirror, and an air vent cver (which i will get), and possibly my rear quarter panel. Unfortunately, I have virtually no money, and can't bring myself to spending like 500$ that they quoted me for it. Does anyone from the Northern California area know of anyone who would be able to get it done cheaper. I would be willng to help do whatever prep needs to be done. I just want to be sur that I'm getting a good paint job on the door this time.

Normally, "cheaper" and "good paint job" do not work together. You normally get a shop to do one or the other, not both. :)

When I was doing paint work for a living, I rarely cut my prices for anyone. I charged what it took to get the job done right. More times than not, corners have to be cut in order to make a job cheaper.
When a paint job comes loose, nobody remembers how little they paid for it.

What I mean is, is there anyone who either works in an autobody shop, or has a frineds in an autobody shop that might be able to do it for cheaper, labor wise, not paint wise. You know, someone who's got a love for Volvos and wants to help out a fellow enthusiast.

Back