• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Been a rough patch. Really frustrated with work / life balance. At a point in life where the income / out-go has a decent balance, but there is no time to enjoy it. I've resigned myself to the likelihood that this will not change until retirement. It is what it is.

Further thoughts on project direction: I've been giving serious thought to buying a 740/940, swapping the turbo motor and parting-out the balance. For the time being, I've decided to continue to focus improving the cars functionality / reliability and appearance. That should be enough to keep me busy / interested.

Volvo-turbo-wagon-strip-club-speedhunters-bryn-musselwhite-25-of-179-1200x800-M.jpg

I have one of these little bad boys right next to the driver's seat down next to the seatbelt reel.

No bracket or anything, it just nests in there, and is ready to go at a moment's notice...

41P83BC0inL.jpg

Ordered $175 worth of Dynamat Superlite sound deadening. 48 SF.

After talking to Wgusler here in Florida, it sounds like a worthwhile effort. As it is, the car is noisy! Especially in fifth gear. Be nice to be able to hear the radio on the trip to Davis.

No better time than now as the interior is apart. Hope it beats me home.

Always wanted to go that route but I'm too cheap to spend the money on it. Let me know how it turns out.

How does the 740 two-speed fan relay work? Will the Saab T work? Seems like it would need a "low" and a "high" temp sensor?

Thx,

Two pins for low and high speed. Ground the low one and the fan kicks on low. Ground both or just high and the fan will go on high. The way I did it was a Saab T in the upper hose and a manual switch for high, mainly since I didn't bother wiring it into the AC to turn on automatically. You could also probably find a 2 speed temp sensor on eBay.

Ahh. So the factory had the second fan speed triggered by the A/C? Not some "melt down imminent" secondary temp sensor?

I dunno how it was factory. That's just my setup. My last radiator also had an overheat switch in the corner so I wired that to high speed, but the original rad I swapped in doesn't have that.

More trouble on eBay...

Found a non-A/C power steering pump bracket set up I couldn't live without. $50 plus the ride. I better get home soon or there may be a pile of junk on my porch.

I like the look of those non-remote reservoir pumps. May go that way.

Figure, someday, I'll spring for the quick-steer thingys so I can chase Bugattis and will want the power assist.

Of course then I will discover that my ZF rack leaks under pressure...

Thank goodness Al Gore invented the internet.

Hey, the same seller has "lumbar kits" available. Not for making redwood chairs or anything. My driver's seat has always been a pain in the back. Literally. No amount of knob turning will make it right. Anybody ever taken apart a seat back? I replaced the lower cushion all by myself. The lumbar thingy sounds like dark magic. Maybe I should just spring for a pair of Sparco's...

Back