• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Gauge recommendations

'Cause building a 2000 hp Studebaker ain't cheap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cnd80aZ4FpE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What are you looking for? I've debated gauge options myself (although stock Volvo gauges will probably be my choice when I get there)

It seems like there's a few things you could look for:

- Reliability: gauges stay working, don't drift over time
- Accuracy: gauges show the "real" value (hard to test without comparing 2+)
- Looks: gauges match the rest of your instruments and interior (if you care)
- Availability: is it cheap, easy to find, or both?

What are you looking for? I've debated gauge options myself (although stock Volvo gauges will probably be my choice when I get there)

It seems like there's a few things you could look for:

- Reliability: gauges stay working, don't drift over time
- Accuracy: gauges show the "real" value (hard to test without comparing 2+)
- Looks: gauges match the rest of your instruments and interior (if you care)
- Availability: is it cheap, easy to find, or both?

Well I've got a haltech platinum sprint 500 ecu, and was tossing up buying the iQ3 dash but it's like $1000???

So if I can't find any reliable and not overly expensive gauges I figured I may as well buy that..
Have you got any aftermarket gauges you've been looking at or just the Volvo ones?

For stock looks and good reputation VDO Cockpit Black Series at egauges.com are available for most functions.
http://www.egauges.com/Cockpit-Black-s/30105.htm

^ The stock Volvo 52mm gauges are actually VDO Cockpit.

They have a different gauge face and needle but are otherwise identical.

Not the cheapest available but good reputation, used in a lot of European cars stock and they still make the gauges / senders and provide good support with spec sheets and all that.

On that site. Will the 2 1/16 gauges fit in the triple gauge pod on the dash? Looking at doing all new gauges for my v8 swap. Also, thinking in my head how to make a cluster setup to use the stock cluster box with possibly a sheet metal insert with all new gauges.

On that site. Will the 2 1/16 gauges fit in the triple gauge pod on the dash? Looking at doing all new gauges for my v8 swap. Also, thinking in my head how to make a cluster setup to use the stock cluster box with possibly a sheet metal insert with all new gauges.

You might have to sand down the holes a bit to fit the gauges - that's 52.3mm. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Are the pressure mounts like the Volvo ones an industry standard. I don't know as I haven't ever done aftermarket gauges before.

Back