• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fittings to Go From Factory 240 Fuel Lines to AN

PeaceEngineered

Sarcastic Optimist
Hello all. Yeah, another fuel line thread.
I am working on my 1989 245, and search results for this information have been inconclusive (wrong search wording?) . I am wanting to go from the factory nylon fuel lines to AN male fittings. From the search results, I have found diameters of 8mm OD, 5/16", 1/4" ID- no concrete results that gave me the warm fuzzies. For those that have done this, can you post what part that was used? This would be for the supply and return.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Rob

Thanks for the reply...
No monster HP, but it is not a Volvo engine anymore. I want to put AN male fittings on the nylon fuel lines that run down the firewall on the driver's side. That way, I can run -6 flexible line from the firewall to the SBF fuel rail quick connects that are -6 AN.
From previous dealings with nylon line, the fitting that gets heated/pressed/pushed into the nylon needs to be fairly accurate in diameter.

The factory volvo fittings are bubble flare. flip through a summit, jegs, or speedway catalog you might find an adapter.

you would be better off with the older 240 fuel pump setup for cis cars with the filter on the firewall then you could just get a banjo bolt an fitting.

There's a universal fix for any kind of line issue (fuel, hydraulic, etc.). Hop on down to your local Parker or Swagelok store with the line/fitting you have and the ones you want to hook up to. There are almost infinite adaptor fittings and as long as they have the fittings "from" and "to" they can make it work for you. Our guys are very helpful and that's usually the situation with those vendors.

Dan

When mine was sbf (5.0L efi) powered, there were barbed fittings that threaded into the Volvo fuel filter (firewall location) and the return line (also at firewall). There are also barbed fittings available to attach to the 5.0L factory rail clip-on/o-ring fittings behind the alternator. Then you simply run generic SAE30R9 efi fuel hose between the two. I know that Fragola sold the Ford efi barbed fittings 4-5 years ago. And the barbed fittings on the Volvo side were just a metric thread x US size barb brass piece. All from memory - I've since switched the entire system all the way to the tank over to -6AN supply and return and am no longer Ford powered.

Thanks for the input everyone. Micheal, I wish I could have bought more than just your mounts after you redid your car!
The image attached is what I am hoping to source. These seem to be correct, but was hoping for a success story...

Attachments

• IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1222.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 112
If you're trying to go from stock Volvo bits to stock Ford EFI bits, there won't be any "AN" fittings involved at all. You'll have (as I recall - LONG time ago) male metric x barbed fittings that screw into the Volvo fuel lines up on the driver's side firewall (my supply fitting into the outlet of the filter I think, and the return fitting into a female threaded bit in the same general area). And the fittings on the Ford end look like this.... https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...se1-_-dorman&gclid=CO_TjZGj6dQCFZA6gQodrgQO7A

Back