• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

91 940 SE Ghost seat! need help with diagnoses

RJZ

My GF sat in my passenger seat and i went all the way forward on its own :omg:. all of the other adjustments work, but the forward and back motion does not. When i move the switch it makes a clicking noise, but no movement.

Ive googled a little and cant really find anything for the older 900 series. Is this something that i can diag? or should i take it all apart and clean it. Is this a common problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
RJ

There may be a way to manually move the cable connecting the motor to move the seat back. Sounds like the motor moved the seat as far as it could go. My wife managed to move her seat by setting her purse on the control switches. I disconnected the ground wire to prevent that from happening.

It could be a number things. I'd convert to a manual seat setup. I did that on my 760 and it has been great not worrying about seat getting stuck.

I put 98 S90 front seats in my 88 765. The swap required the seats complete with seat belts. Plus a bit of rewiring.

Back