• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

DAMOS for 6 cylinder M4.4?

Youd be money ahead spending ~$15k on a bosch motorsports box plus harness.

True. I also have a full MS3X setup in a box waiting for me to do something with it but I've been putting that off because it's a big job and the car is my daily. I've been looking into tuning the 4.4 because I was hoping it would be easier. Plus MS3X on a stock B6304 is a little overkill. Lol.

:roll: This is my thread, I do what I want!

first off i will not let you have all i have as it's ~1000hrs compiling this xdf .. so far the size is 3mb of pure text information inside it

basically what we have done is desciphering the data from 5cylinder damos translated it into workable data

then purified it and assembled this xdf that i do possess

what i also have together is books of how the motronic 4.4 works and in what order it all works together all settings (most anyhow) translated from german shorts to real workable instructions and settings to manipulate anything inside the box

and as i'm just about the only that has this information for the 6cylinder i will not give it away

but what i can do is help you adjust anything needed for your application anything from removing rear lambda to changing the meaning on a modifier errorcode ie when using egr valve as boost controller it will actually give you a boost controller fault code in obd

i can also change any sensory data and what it does with it

to start with doing single setting adjustments it will start at a fee of $150 (for instance removing rear lambda or raising revlimit )/ setting up to a maximum of $800 for a full tune no matter the time or Changes involved

secondly i need to know what mods are done to Engine injectors manifolds etc

to do a remote tune like this will need to be done during a period of time to test out what works for you and to do so i need you to hook up wideband lambda and obd logging to do it correcyly

Hello - sorry for a little offtopic but i think You schould know answer for my question :)
I have a stock v90 b6304s2 (180hp) with m90 and motronic 4.4
Becouse i change cylinderhead gasket i thinking abaut also swaping camshafts from 1992 (204hp)
Is stock ecu maps in 4.4 ok for this cams ?
Another question is - i want just to disable rear lambda becouse i have no cat - so i must remove soldered eeprom to get oryginal bin file or mayby You have that file ? :)

Hello - sorry for a little offtopic but i think You schould know answer for my question :)
I have a stock v90 b6304s2 (180hp) with m90 and motronic 4.4
Becouse i change cylinderhead gasket i thinking abaut also swaping camshafts from 1992 (204hp)
Is stock ecu maps in 4.4 ok for this cams ?
Another question is - i want just to disable rear lambda becouse i have no cat - so i must remove soldered eeprom to get oryginal bin file or mayby You have that file ? :)

Cams are interchangeable and all you need is stock 204hp firmware

Of course you can disable rear lambda

Ecu can also be benchflashed with correct pinout

Cams are interchangeable and all you need is stock 204hp firmware

Of course you can disable rear lambda

Ecu can also be benchflashed with correct pinout

thx for info. Is new firmware from 204hp 100% necessary ? or i can for now leave 180hp firmware ?
I don't remember where but i have read that "firmware" for 180 and 204 can be the same(but i am not sure that was for 1.8 or 4.4) - is that possible ?

I think the 204 hp ecu is only available in 1.8... atleast in the USA.

Did they use a 4.4 ECU w/ 204 hp in europe?

Hmm
From this http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=75795&page=3 people say that was a 2 version 180 and 204 (only automatic gearbox) on s/v 90

And from this : http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-118888.html :
"The only difference between a 180 and a 204 are the camshafts. There are ECU differences between auto and manual cars (the engine limits torque momentarily during a gearshift to make a smoother change with an auto), but that's it. An auto 180 has the same ECU as a 204 (204's all being auto as mentioned above)."

So - can i change cams to 1992 (204hp) and be happy on high revs withouts ecu modification ? :)

thx for info. Is new firmware from 204hp 100% necessary ? or i can for now leave 180hp firmware ?
I don't remember where but i have read that "firmware" for 180 and 204 can be the same(but i am not sure that was for 1.8 or 4.4) - is that possible ?

To get best efficiency you need the correct firmware

M4.4 has 5 different firmwares

170HP 2.5litre auto
170HP 2.5litre manual

180hp 3.0litre manual
180HP 3litre auto
204HP 3.0litre auto

Also some very specific 2.4litre for Asian market too

Most difference is due ignition timing between the 3litre ones

Do you have the 180hp 3.0L manual firmware?

Yes - i have it oryginal in my ecu but when I good understand i can't just "download" this bin file from ecu - i can only flash new firmware and "overwrite" this on my existing firmware yes ?
To get that file i must remove soldered eeprom yes ?
Sorry for my bad english

This is something I am planning to do shortly. I will be using the Moates Ostrich 2. I have a 2.5 manual 960 on Motronic 4.4 I will be using the t6 block and the 960 head with pc cams.

Do you have the 180hp 3.0L manual firmware?

i do

0261204642 is the 204 auto

0261204643 is the 180 manual

i also have a modified manual for 204 cams

beware though theese cannot be installed in earlier 203 marked boxes

i do have more firmwares at hand but need to know what ecu is used today to match correct firmwares

what can be done is for instance remove rear lambda

change o2 sensor speed and adjustment window

rpm limit to maximul 7650rpm
speed limits
ignition retard during swith throttle adjustments
ignition retard during shift
comfort settings

enrichments for turbo use
reprogram egr to use as turbo pressure control

when ac compressor is allowed and much more

Back