• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

Nice, V-band clamps ftw! Have you driven it much, since it's back on the road again?

Are there many places like that sell parts like that in Germany? I'll be moving to Germany somewhere this year and would like to continue working on cars as a hobby :-P

Yeah... about 100KMs :oogle:

NARRR.. im totally on cold detoxification when it goes about driving turboshizz.... im driving a lameass 960 for a year now...

Need to fix some minor issues like recirc BOV and Crankcaseventing what makes the LH go stall with my setup.. that means learn how to weld aluminum ;) but thats a fix when temp outside is over 10C? again.. ;) Also a small oil leak in my oilcooleradapteraluminumfittingsstuff *g*

And then ! I have to drive the car to Potsdam for more Tuning with 2 simultanously Ostriches.. and if that does not satisfy me im going to rip off t3h license plates for a year and do the MS3x Dance :nod:

/edit

You're moving to germany ?! Yeah.. thats cool.. come by for a beer then, when its not too far ;)

You have a big amount of tuners and tunershops.. but there are also many insidertips like Hinritech for tuning..

Yeah... about 100KMs :oogle:

NARRR.. im totally on cold detoxification when it goes about driving turboshizz.... im driving a lameass 960 for a year now...

Need to fix some minor issues like recirc BOV and Crankcaseventing what makes the LH go stall with my setup.. that means learn how to weld aluminum ;) but thats a fix when temp outside is over 10C? again.. ;) Also a small oil leak in my oilcooleradapteraluminumfittingsstuff *g*

And then ! I have to drive the car to Potsdam for more Tuning with 2 simultanously Ostriches.. and if that does not satisfy me im going to rip off t3h license plates for a year and do the MS3x Dance :nod:

/edit

You're moving to germany ?! Yeah.. thats cool.. come by for a beer then, when its not too far ;)

You have a big amount of tuners and tunershops.. but there are also many insidertips like Hinritech for tuning..

My vote goes to the MS3x Dance. It'll give you much more freedom and tunability and less headaches (once it's all working as it should mind you).

I'll move to the area around Trier, so not really close to Hamburg :-P, but the airline I'll be flying for does go to Hamburg on a regular basis. I'll send you a PM or mail or something should I be in the area with some time to spare ;-).

$(KGrHqJ,!lIFD)kbnB99BQ8+gYI6rQ~~48_72.JPG

amagawd.. what do yer think?? ;)

BBS 9,5x19 and 8,5x19

Are they really BBS and really 19"? In that picture they look small, haha. In any case, once they're on, they'll be SWEET. Especially if you get some different lips that allow you to have some more dish. :) What's the bolt pattern?

No, they are Replicas... i looked up what the tyres would cost.. o_O wtf they are pricey as hell..

in the meantime i did some v-banding ;)

Those v-bands are really easy to weld.. just tight them up against the other half when welding and nothing will warp.... You just have tu buy one v-band kit more than needed to use the rings and clamp.. and watch the **** out for not welding wrongphased rings to the ends ;)

IMG_4659.JPG

IMG_4660.JPG

IMG_4661.JPG

IMG_4668.JPG

IMG_4669.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

Sry for the crappy pics.. i had HDR activated.. :(

Last edited:
So.. im pretty pissed right now...

Yesterday i got the first parts of the exhaust back in and the new v-bands are leaking like ****... they haven't warped while welding.. so i can't explain how... if you hold another ring against the welded one it fits smooth.. you can turn it like a bearing... no gap..

The guy who sales them said to no tighten the clamps too much cause they tend to snapoff.. how tight do you pull them? Does every vband row of the clamp have to touch the outer diameter of the rings? This would be ?bertight in my case...

it says you don't need any firegumpaste or liquid gasket to seal them properly... arrrr :rant: :censored:

Will try @ weekend...

In the Meantime... some parts arrived...

IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_4688.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

Last edited:
I've added a flexsection between the DP FLange and the Cat... the whole exhaust now installs in a easy way beginning in the front. Anyway.. its still leaking a bit.. waterdrops were coming out the flanges, so i've decided to smear some copperpaste between the rings.. voila.. every flange now seals like a charme :)

some pics...
IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

Last edited:
So.. i now have installed the Greddy RS as a recirced one...

Also the crankhousing is now connected to the turboinlet via a catchtank for not spilling everything with oil ;)

Hope the LH shuts down to **** with me when revving the motor..

btw.. don't mind the red tubing.. it an old one.. will get powdercoated soon...

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

Last edited:
Back