• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration for 740s

740s.jpg

Holy(****) did they reinforce that bottom one. Who is responsible for this tower. In that original Volvo ad with the 140's or something, didn't Volvo get alot of flack for reinforcing the roofs? Cool pic either way.

Holy(****) did they reinforce that bottom one. Who is responsible for this tower. In that original Volvo ad with the 140's or something, didn't Volvo get alot of flack for reinforcing the roofs? Cool pic either way.

Thats a Volvo original ad. No reinforcement IIRC, only some metal between the cars to join them

Hello there Gentlemen! I'm looking at this vehicle: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/volvo-740-1991-13261744?

I'm just wondering if you could possibly give me some advice on whether it looks like a good deal. I'd like to know if it is twin- or single cam which I have asked the seller but also how hard these cars are to convert to manual, is it a common conversion? Hope this is an appropriate enough thread for a post like this.

Basically does this look like a good base for a manual and +T swap later. It is going to be my daily driver until my 144 is finished and I have the time and money to build a quick daily. Plus I just love wagons and personally think the 740s look great!

Hello there Gentlemen! I'm looking at this vehicle: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/volvo-740-1991-13261744?

I'm just wondering if you could possibly give me some advice on whether it looks like a good deal. I'd like to know if it is twin- or single cam which I have asked the seller but also how hard these cars are to convert to manual, is it a common conversion? Hope this is an appropriate enough thread for a post like this.

Basically does this look like a good base for a manual and +T swap later. It is going to be my daily driver until my 144 is finished and I have the time and money to build a quick daily. Plus I just love wagons and personally think the 740s look great!
Single cam/8V 2.3L NA. Lots of threads here on a transmission swap, don't know how parts sourcing will be in Aus.

Some beater inspiration:
large_217330-2805843.jpg

Yes my car is in the pics, but if it wasn't for the other two I wouldn't have posted

9c0940eb.jpg

Brah, your car is sexy as hell, but that blue one gives me the chubbie every time I see it, so perfectly clean, even with the bit extreme rear camber, how do they do it? are they done through adjustable control arms?

photo.php

No idea is this will work??

edit: Nope...how do you upload a picture on here? Can you do it from your computer or does it have to be a online photo somewhere?

Tried to open it in a new window. If its a link from facebook, that gallery has to be a public gallery in able for anyone to see it.

or he could refresh the page that the image is on in facebook. it'll take you to a previous version of facebook which should allow you to right click and copy image location.

Back