home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 05-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #201
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclosenotnear View Post
I'm talking about the bsr heat shield. I just need to open up the hole for the amm to 3" and maybe relocate it slightly.
From memory, I laid out the 3" AMM hole opening on the original, moved just slightly F-R to get my K&N filter to clear my air box. Drilled new attachment holes 90* to the original hose in my air box (to resist the hose pull against it). Free handed with my dremel and cleaned the hole up with a tiny dremel drum sander. I think I put pics in my build thread?

So are running the 012 AMM without the air box right now?

Feedback thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=198746
DET17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #202
soclosenotnear
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheWhite View Post
I solved the angle of the filter with a angel reducer from do88 for the stock amm to a 3" ITG filter.

Did you use the angle reducer just to fit your filter? Or, did you use it to create some sort of swirl before the air passes through the amm? I've read something along those lines is why the factory used an elbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET17 View Post
Correct. I didn't want to go hacking up the heat shield before everything worked well together.
soclosenotnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #203
+Kardboard+
Chinese guy/Swedish rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET17 View Post
From memory, I laid out the 3" AMM hole opening on the original, moved just slightly F-R to get my K&N filter to clear my air box. Drilled new attachment holes 90* to the original hose in my air box (to resist the hose pull against it). Free handed with my dremel and cleaned the hole up with a tiny dremel drum sander. I think I put pics in my build thread?

Love the project thread, wish I'd seen it before!

I can't find a listing for that heat shield you have. Same BSR one as OP?

mtd240: I suspect "the wives" have a super-secret forum to discuss whether or not they will let us buy Volvo parts.
DavidSamuels: Not a website, a panel discussion/reality show. Real Housewives of Gothenburg.

-Feedback-
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #204
InTheWhite
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclosenotnear View Post
Did you use the angle reducer just to fit your filter? Or, did you use it to create some sort of swirl before the air passes through the amm? I've read something along those lines is why the factory used an elbow.

Correct. I didn't want to go hacking up the heat shield before everything worked well together.
I used it for both those reasons. You should never put the airfilter directly on the amm.
InTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #205
+Kardboard+
Chinese guy/Swedish rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheWhite View Post
I used it for both those reasons. You should never put the airfilter directly on the amm.
What's the reason why?
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote