• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

From DIY audio, a s80 Full audio build!

mickeys240

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ry/379306-volvo-s80-t6-99-first-sq-build.html

AMAZING build here.

Hello, this is my first thread here so I don't know the perfect format for this but I will try my best.

Some background for this project, a was pretty happy with being oblivious to nice sound, that was until a new guy started to work at the same place as me, one day we went to the store and he drove his car, turned on the volume and from that moment I knew that I needed some better sound.

Fast forward a few days, my new friend was talking about all the SQ competitions he used to go to, he won and even got sponsored, a few minutes later we both agreed that we should turn my car into a SQ car and try to compete under 2018.

So we went to work, found some few nice things to start with so I'll list everything that's in the car then add some pictures (everything will get updates from time to time since I'm writing this on my phone right now)

First we start with the car, a Volvo s80 T6, it's not a common car to build with but since I already had it we thought "why not" (the battery in the trunk was an added bonus)

And what we used for this build
2x JBL GTO 1214
Dual miniDSP 2x4
2x Copper anodized Soundstream STL 4.320
Copper anodized Soundstream STL 1.600d
2x Omnes Audio BB3.5
2x Gladen tweeters
2x AX 130 C
Homemade distblock
Homemade cables
A few fuses and other necessary "small" stuff

We started to look around for things that my friend has over (to save some money) we found some diamonds, 3 modded soundstream amps, the 3 only in the world and a big + they are copper anodized (you may recognize the old owner Grizz Archer)

We drew up some plans for the amp stand + a few plans for the speaker setup

And then we went to work!

We started to build the subwooferbox first, a ported box with double JBL GTO 1214

(My friend in the picture)

(Starting to look promising)

The Port

(more pictures will be added from the build, my friend has them on his phone)

Adding some dampening!

Gotta give it a nice look!

Popping in the JBLs!

Testfitting it

Had to make a new floor since the old one could not support the woofer

Forgot to take a picture of the other part of the floor, will add one later!

Now the fun part!

Making a mount for my amps!

Planing

Starting to make mounting holes!

Testing the fitment!

Adding up the mount!

Testing it out

Painting it to match the amps!

Starting to look like something!

(Now I won't show you how it looks in the car since that will come in a later picture ;) )

Making some RCA cables!

Planning the Distblock!

Making the distblock (Yes, lack of pictures here)

And why not modify the old tweetercovers!

Also fixed the midbass covers on the door

Both sides done!

Hmm what now.... Maybe some rings for the midbass?

Oooh looks nice!

Picture of the midbass

After some dampening the ring is in!

Aaaand its a perfect fit!

Now on to the tweeters!

Gluing them onto the door panel!

While we are back here why not make some connections so I can remove the panel without any hassle!

Hiding some wires while we are at it!

Now for some custom mounts!

adding some acoustic fabric and some poly to make it strong!

Testing the fitment

adding some plaster

(Part 1)

Part 2 of the build log.

Part 2.

Drilled a hole for the wires

A few hours, some more plaster and sanding later!

Time for the paint!

Wiring up the whole thing!

What a mess! Well we won't see it anyway!

Before we put everything in the car we changed the battery (this is the old one)

Now for the "finished" product!

A more detailed log will come, this will be updated with better pictures when my new phone and some new parts for the build comes! (Also my friend has a few more pictures that I did not take)

If you want to know anything just ask!

And as my friend said, I don't think this will be the end since I love the new sound in the car! (I can't ride in a normal car anymore if they play music since the sound sucks :D )

Kind regards, Simon!

Basic outlay of his system in the volvo.

Setup_zpsbrkijuvw.png

Other later modificans. And new Alpine head unit installed.

Removed the parcel shelf to both dampen it, remove the old factory subs so I can get more out from the new sub, also dampened the solar plexus sheet that I have, almost every vibration is gone

Also installed some LEDs in the back

We did some tricks with the settings while we were at it!

DSP settings

Sub LP@ 70Hz LR24

Midb
HP @ 80Hz LR12
LP @140Hz LR12

Midr
HP @ 160Hz LR12
LP @ 4400Hz LR12

Tw HP @ 3000Hz LR12

Acoustic crossover's

Sub LP @ 80Hz LR24

Midb 80/200 LR24

Midr 200/3000 LR24

Tw 3000 LR24

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Door upgrades and how he did it. Wish we all had access to a shop.

Here we go!

First I started with the dampening inside the door (I covered the whole inside instead)

And around the corners

Then I dampened my cover plate!

Testfitting the plate

And covered it with some open cell

Aaaaaand what a surprise! The doorpanel wont fit now since it goes inwards.... Well guess I'll build some boxes instead :(

This is how I wanted it to look

But now the panel won't even fit over the handel correctly.....

But I can't be sad, I still have this old beauty to look at while I work, my old Amazon from 68! Been in the family since it rolled out from the factory! Only 62000 miles on it!

Got to LOVE the Euro Boys when they do stuff. I mean he just posted some new stuff today. The guys that work with metal are about he most talented people I know when it comes to car audio installs. He did this today.

So here comes som teasers! It's not done yet but I cut the pieces for the rack frame and welded it together, here are some pictures and a little video surprise!

Gotta weld with some music and show your fun side sometimes ;)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWSosCc8IHo&feature=[/YOUTUBE]

(Since the embedded youtube link won't work, here is a link directly to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWSosCc8IHo&feature=

The cables, dsp and APL will be placed behind the front panel to hide them and clean the build up a bit

Back