• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

Thx :)

I don't want to adorn myself with borrowed plumes.. The welds did the guy who teaches me how to weld aluminum cause i wasn't on for doing something wrong on this part... But.. im on my way to weld like this.. :)

Here are some updates:

New Clutch:

IMG_5099.JPG

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

And.. i had to retighten the Headstuds... ...yeah.. retighten the headstuds they said.. takes no time they said.. will be fun they said... hrmpf !!!

IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

IMG_5081.JPG

IMG_5082.JPG

And.. we have a new toy @ the garage.. :D
IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

Last edited:
Thx :)

I don't want to adorn myself with borrowed plumes.. The welds did the guy who teaches me how to weld aluminum cause i wasn't on for doing something wrong on this part... But.. im on my way to weld like this.. :)

Here are some updates:

New Clutch:

IMG_5099.JPG

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

And.. i had to retighten the Headstuds... ...yeah.. retighten the headstuds they said.. takes no time they said.. will be fun they said... hrmpf !!!

IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

IMG_5081.JPG

IMG_5082.JPG

And.. we have a new toy @ the garage.. :D
IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

/edit

uh.. sry for the crappy photos..

Last edited:
Yeah.. bought them @ KLRacing.. they are 12.9 studs with nuts and washers.. He said in Vallokra:" losen them after 200km and retight with 60/90/120-130Nm" I did 120Nm now.. i feared snapping a stud...

Don't know if it was a waste of time.. i just did it and .. yeah.. i could reuse every gasket.. so.. whatever ;)

The Cart doesnt run.. but it is a official Racecar out the 60s from England...

Yeah..

Made myself some cheap tool for inserting camsealrings ;)

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

Yes.. i do know that you can use a 36er Nut.. but.. i don't have one ;)

Last edited:
Hi,

bought some "needz moar wide" tools :)

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

Also i bought new camsealrings from VictorReinz.. the skandix **** sweated a lot of oil..
My tool works very good ;)
IMG_5133.JPG

realigned the oilcooler.. it ripped loose through vibrations from the bumper...
IMG_5134.JPG

And.. swapped the clutch.. needed 3h.. was lazy and slow ;)
IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG

IMG_5138.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_5141.JPG

Last edited:
So.. tomorrow is the big day... doing some tests in the evening today. My hydrolifters are rassling like a ****ing diesel right now.. and the engine ran for over an hour now and drove 15km.. still rassling.. but im in a good mood.. a buddy told me 960s sometimes need 100kms to fill the hydros... they are the same.. so.. we'll see..

Going to Potsdam tomorrow for ECU adjustment on a Trailer.. filled the bitch up with 102 Octane Ultimate to be a near as possible on e85.. wish me luck that nothings gonna break :)

Yeah,

we could tune a bit.. Now it runs on 0,8bar of boost and a tune where the IAC sometimes cannot handle rpm drops which will kill the engine with drowning every once of a while..

it pulls straight from 2000 till 5500 and becomes funny @ about 3800.

We lost much time in Berlins rushhour and on the "testtrack" where i had to remove and reinstall my intank pump cause a hose became loose and the pump was flowing bubbles to my 044 mainpump.. heard that surging noise while tuning idle and ignangles.. to fix that took 1h.. after it was fixed we did about 50kms. Pulls in 3rd from 2000-5500 to check everything is fine.. found some holes where it ran rich and was dropping to near lamda1 on WOT.. fixed that and every pull became better and better.

But still idle drops make the engine stall.. we found some tables which are dedicated to the IAC valve but we couldnt figure out how to tune it 100% correctly.. but drops from 3000rpm work in 90%. Rpm drops in traffic like traffic jams where you accelerate a bit and push the clutch will still kil the engine in 95% of all cases... which makes highway jams to PITA ;)

In the End im able to say it was a successful day but could have been more.

We pushed the engine not over 5500 cause i have some rassling/defective hydraulic lifters..

Also i did a MOT exhaustgastest yesterday which i did not pass cause of much too much of CO. My car created a nice fogshow of oilmist.. dont know if turbo or valveseals... we'll see.. have to spare some money first to move on..

I am changing the valveseals right now.. after a little bit of dumb i dumped one keeper into the oilpan through the middle oilchannel... :oops: But with an endoscope and a 45? mirror with magnet we got it after a bit time of swearing... ;)

Here are some pics..:

IMG_5363.JPG

IMG_5364.JPG

IMG_5365.JPG

IMG_5367.JPG

IMG_5368.JPG

IMG_5369.JPG

IMG_5370.JPG

IMG_5371.JPG

IMG_5372.JPG

First time i've installed the seals i haven't used the plasticcaps to save the seallips. It may have damaged them cause i was like.. "whut?!! look at this !!! how smooth they go through with some oil *rrrrt rrrt rrrrt*" :lol:

This time i ordered some "valvecondoms" but they suck.. too thin and can be used only once.. Masterplan.. go in kitchen and search for Cocktailstraws.. bitchplease ! the yellow stuff is such a straw ;)

Oh.. and my generator is down.. makes some furious noises... but i have a replacement already..

Last edited:
My car created a nice fogshow of oilmist.. dont know if turbo or valveseals... we'll see.. have to spare some money first to move on..

Normally valve stem oil seals cause oil burn on the overrun, ie when you shut the throttle and coast down a hill on engine braking type scenario. They can be really bad and cause no significant oil burning during normal running.

Nice car BTW, I like it a lot.

Thx ! :)

Yeah i know.. it's in throttle disengangement downhill or when revving abruptlyhigh and letting it fly down... Im doing this only cause i have some time till the generator arrives and cause i thought i have damged them.. they look all good..

I fear my Turbo is the one who burns some oil.. but a buddy said im smoking a lot when accelerating with a cold engine.. hm.. maybe the pistonrings? I have a good play of 8 hundreds for my pistons.. mh??

Some more pics:

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

New Hydros...
IMG_5395.JPG

...ah... so sweet
IMG_5396.JPG

In the Meantime somewhere in northern North Germany :) 1st German 7er/9er Meeting

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

Visitors from Sverige.. for a little chance i hoped Rada would be there too ;)
IMG_5341.JPG

The Trek waiting for a flap bridge across the North-Eastsea Channel
IMG_5342.JPG

IMG_5344.JPG

We had a ferry across the the channel again all for us.. the Captain looked very scared when 30 Volvo were entering his ferry hehe ;)
IMG_5347.JPG

The Lunch Checkpoint.. pity it never stopped raining that day...
IMG_5350.JPG

Me and my dog on the last Checkpoint, the ex Army Airport Hungriger Wolf (hungry wolve) now open for business a dogschool settled there.. thought this fits perfectly ;)
IMG_5354.JPG

Behold !
IMG_5373.JPG

and.. move on :)

Me getting the Hydros in.. it's like anywhere else.. if it doesn't want to go in, you've got to lube :D
IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

bam.. now i have "back" dammnit lowered cars are pita for guys >1,90m ;)
IMG_5403.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah... belt and tensioner coming new.. tensioner already installed and belt will arrive tomorrow..

Today im doing oil refill and priming..and the rest of cabling wiring of 02 meters and stuff.. was laying around pretty wild in the bay...

Back