• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whats the name of these rims?

neurot75

I was looking through volvo sites just now and went to the MVP site to see whats new and they have a new picture on their homepage of a 80's 740 with nice rims. I really like em and thinking of getting those same ones on my 740. So whats the name of em and where can i get them?

[/img]

Those rims on the 745/945 are polaris rims 17X7 from the factory with 5 spokes and a deepish dish. I think they were optional in europe on some 740/940 turbos. There are aftermarket replicas that look the smae just about, but have 17X7.5 size.

Ah yes, "alloyius maximus orgazmius" also known as "Polaris"....I tried to order a set in 1991 as they were listed in the accessories book (of which I still possess) - was told these CAME WITH tires (Michelins).

WHY didn't I get them you ask?

In 1991 they were $749 EACH.

Majorus suckus. :bs:

Picture of peters car is on titans, not polaris rims. None of their project cars have polaris rims. Titans, comets (calypsos somethin from a c70) volans, and mille miglias are your only options.

I was looking at the sorta black and white picture of the 940 in the smallish upper center of their main page. The pre 90 740 is indeed on titans. Sorry completely misinterpreted which picture you were thinking of. And yea none of thier cars use polaris wheels, they are friggin expensive.

If you want the Polaris wheels, there are 3 choices that I can see:

1. Try to buy the replicas from the place in Norway.
2. Wait for them to show up on Ebay, they do, every once in a while.
3. Find a junkyard in Sweden to send you some, ask Peter at MVP, he knows a few yards out there. A friend of mine was getting a set, last I heard, they were in customs in NY or NJ or something like that. That was a couple of weeks ago.

I remember one person saying that when they bought their 940 or 760 new, it came with Polaris wheels installed. This was someone in the US. I think that was an Ebay auction. So there are a few sets of those wheels in the US.

Greg

Greg Wong said:
I remember one person saying that when they bought their 940 or 760 new, it came with Polaris wheels installed. This was someone in the US. I think that was an Ebay auction. So there are a few sets of those wheels in the US.

There was a guy who posted his car to the Brickboard gallery and it had Polaris wheels installed as an option when the car was purchased. I think it was a 700 series.

So when are you getting wheels for the 285? I know someone selling a nice set of 18x8 Volk wheels ("tuning fork" style, like the Triton).

Back