• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

For you and T8fanning. No it's not one piece nor billet. but volvo does not use a head gasket on this engine they use an anaerobic sealant applied very thin. I'm pretty sure OEM parts are mostly forged internals in volvo's and cast block. The fact your trying to poke fun at me saying it doesn't have a head gasket, when it doesn't, makes me wonder why your even here.

I'm trying not to pile on, because I've been right where you are, making posts on here that brought the TB fury down on me. But damn man, you're making it hard with posts like this! I better tell my local indie Volvo mechanic, who has been in business for 25+ years that all of the headgaskets he has done on whiteblocks are not needed. :rofl: These motors are NOTORIOUS for overheating, warping heads, and needing resurfaced with a new (note I said new, not "first ever,") headgasket on reassembly. How do I know this? Experience, as I HAD a 850 with the T5 that warped the head from overheating.

Seriously, take some of the advice being offered here. Some of the old-guard around here can be rough on questions that they see as silly, uninformed, or outlandish. But, most of them know what they are talking about and, while maybe not being kind and gentle about it, are giving you good advice.

So, from my perspective you have two options: either build this monster of a project and prove everyone wrong, or start listening to some of the good advice you're being given.

As some added advice from being piled on a bit myself in the past here, if you're going to go ahead with your plans, just put your head down, start making progress, and then post up proof that you're doing it. Until then, all of the "bench racing" in the world is going to bring nothing to you but more of the same on here.

My two pennies. Keep the change.

Didn`t read most of this thread. But this post made me LOL. I`m gonna have to go back and read it.

As an expert Volvo tech, I`m telling you, you`re wrong. There is a head gasket.

There is anaerobic sealant between the two halves of the cam cover though.

You should probably stop talking.

ok ok my mistake was confusing the two. I'm going to work.

WRONG! I'm the only one who has had a 5 cylinder Whiteblock engine with an actual headgasket to work on!!

It'll on sale through Sotheby's tomorrow, hoping to get a cool $50K for that rare piece of history!

I will then give the money to the OP to finance half of what it'll cost for his project.

yeah like everyone else. But guess what I'm not like everyone else. Besides everything I could do with that has been done hundreds of thousands of times over and honestly it would be allot easier too. I want a challenge a learning experience and something that's just not found around here.

I'll sell you an s10 with a Volvo motor in it. Boom, done, something different.

To summarize: OP is going to build a 1000hp RWD 01 V70 that was twin turbo but is now using a G80 supercharger and a turbo with his headgasketless cnc machines block? From parts his friend makes for free for him? But doesn’t know the difference between a headgasket and a cam cover seal?

Back