• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1965 Amazon 131 resto/mild custom: progress report

awesome! the small things, like the frenched taillights and making the bumper 1 piece, are the things that make the biggest difference in how a car looks. great work, i cant wait to see this thing painted!

awesome! the small things, like the frenched taillights and making the bumper 1 piece, are the things that make the biggest difference in how a car looks. great work, i cant wait to see this thing painted!

Yeah, me too! I'm counting down the days.

wow! this project looks great. good work. it takes money, time, and patience; but it'll pay off. i'm sure you'll get the 20 years out of it when you're done. i'ld like to do this level of restoration to my '67 when i'm more-permanently settled and am making a better wage.

can't wait to see pics of it when it's painted,

wow! this project looks great. good work. it takes money, time, and patience; but it'll pay off. i'm sure you'll get the 20 years out of it when you're done. i'ld like to do this level of restoration to my '67 when i'm more-permanently settled and am making a better wage.

Yeah, prob wouldn't be worth it if I hadn't had the car such a long time and didn't intend keeping the car long-term. As it is, I'm happy to be doing it to a level I will enjoy for years to come (though it is hurting a bit financially)

There was a lovely recently restored Amazon at the Volvo marque day at Gaydon today, and it made me think of how your car is going to look....awesome :)

cheers

James

Did you get a pic of it? Missed Gaydon as was at Goodwood Revival (which was pretty good).

Last edited:
Found one!
IMAG0724.JPG

Not a great pic, as it doesn't show just how clean it was...but it was pretty much perfect. Some really nice subtle details - like that the indicator sections of the rear lights were tinted red.

cheers

James

frenched headlights would be a very nice touch. i love the way these cars look. i wonder how a 1 pice grill would look? like a 55 chevy

Yeah, that does look like a nice one. Noticed it has been "de-nosed"

Actually it hasn't, it's a J plate therefore a 2 litre dual circuit car, they lacked bonnet stripes among other things. Also came minus overriders, door pockets and the handbrake lever was black instead of chrome.

Now where the hell did I put my anorak......?

Actually it hasn't, it's a J plate therefore a 2 litre dual circuit car, they lacked bonnet stripes among other things. Also came minus overriders, door pockets and the handbrake lever was black instead of chrome.

Now where the hell did I put my anorak......?

Whoa -- outgeeked. Just goes to show you own a car for 19 years and still don't properly know about it

Back