home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 07-22-2019, 10:44 PM   #51
mck1117
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klr142 View Post
Oh, by the way, I turned Lambda feedback on for our race at PIR because the car was running too rich in the lighter load areas(13:1) and I wanted to try and make sure we had no fuel capacity issues again. Because of that, it ended up learning and leaning out the WOT stuff a little more than wanted but I sort of expected it. It was between 13.2-13.8:1 with it mostly being around 13.5:1 during the race. I want a little more fat than that to keep the engine cooler, but I don’t know if that had anything to do with why we were having some warmer engine temperatures. I don’t think the radiator leak was helping.... hah
I tried to be smart and disable logging channels I didn't need - but accidentally disabled logging AFR in the process. However I was running auto tune the first two sessions, so it got the fueling pretty well dialed in while I was driving. From looking at the gauge, AFRs across the top row were dead flat 13-13.2 all the way across, leaning out as you dropped off load. Car sat dead on 81-82 degrees the whole time (mechanical fan, stock 240 radiator). Though it was in the rain, so take it with a grain of salt.
mck1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #52
shoestring
Board Member

You race 3-4-5 because the gear spacing is tighter than 2-3-4. That said, if you've got a 1031, you're capped at 4.10.
shoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:36 PM   #53
klr142
Turbo, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman342 View Post
Yea I've always found that once you get the map the way you want it, if you turn on lambda feedback, LH will lean it out. I guess you just have to go richer than you want up top to log the result down to where you want it once it's leaned out?
Yes, but the learning and leaning is reduced if you have the tune lean enough to begin with that it doesn't need to adapt and lean out further. To some extent, anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck1117 View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you recommend using 3-5 instead of 2-4? With a 4.11, the T5 I have (3.35 1st, 0.68 5th) should put 2-3-4 in a pretty nice spot (61-91-121 mph respectively at 6500 rpm).

That was in regards to using an M47 transmission, but with your T5, I would set it up for 2nd-4th gear as you suggest.

Agree - probably not worth putting it on a dyno until I have an intake sorted out. The exhaust is already sorted, it's a KL 4-2-1 header to 2.5". We'll see if intake gets done before October. There's a good chance, as there isn't too much else left to do on the car.
See the red with the first part, but can you tell me the tube diameters on your header?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck1117 View Post
I tried to be smart and disable logging channels I didn't need - but accidentally disabled logging AFR in the process. However I was running auto tune the first two sessions, so it got the fueling pretty well dialed in while I was driving. From looking at the gauge, AFRs across the top row were dead flat 13-13.2 all the way across, leaning out as you dropped off load. Car sat dead on 81-82 degrees the whole time (mechanical fan, stock 240 radiator). Though it was in the rain, so take it with a grain of salt.
Oops! What temp. thermostat do you have in there? I'd go up to the 87/88° one if you have the 82° for slightly better efficiency. We also have an 82° in the General Leif but I want to swap it out as it was dipping near warm-up enrichment territory and we aren't detonation limited which was one of the reasons for going slightly cooler.
klr142 is offline   Reply With Quote