• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jesse's 945 Turbo

Update

Thought I'd give a quick update on the car
It passed emissions early this week and I've been driving it the last few days

Really missed driving this thing and its so nice to have it back on the road

Did A little cleaning yesterday
Not bad for 25 year old paint

vWDIH6yl.jpg

Sweet! Good to hear you're back on the road again! Did you get a chance to find a supplier for the window trim?

Updates

Strut brace is installed
ObvMCjkl.jpg

fJLGUwFl.jpg

In my accident, the splash pan was damaged from being torn off by the curb. So I've fixed that up with some zip ties
Good as new
CqFqmWUl.jpg

8pGzSQHl.jpg

aXKnpSrl.jpg

mKn7JqGl.jpg

I'd been getting a wee bit of wheel rub in the back...
Jl9cYMol.jpg

bWCi060l.jpg

So I bought a cheap fender roller and rolled my rear fenders
v0ddNitl.jpg

Also one short cruise away from 300k.
505OLm4l.jpg

Last edited:
Intake box and chipped

Did a bit of work the last couple weekends
Finally got the Cold air intake box I made in the summer installed

I bought some door edge guard to put over the sharp edges of the sheet metal. thought it was an effective solution to protecting the paint is spots that it rubs while making it look a little more professional.

ThqmSX1l.jpg

qYmqnvIl.jpg

Installed
WjAtvo7l.jpg

bw9hxVal.jpg

After driving around with it, there is very noticeable difference in temperature between inside and outside of the box. It may not be the best looking, but it does the job. And I'm happy with that.

I've got some intercooler piping and will be buying a smaller intake so that I can mount the filter a little lower in the bay. At the moment its sorta crammed in there.

Also mounted an oil catch can to the box...My current tubing is a little sketchy but will work until I get something proper. Ignore the kinks...

sOO0xaSl.jpg

FA6Zqgll.jpg

Received a tuned Chip set from Simon (Sbabbs) and got that installed in a spare ECU and EZK so that I could keep the stock ones from the car unmolested, in case I messed something up.

cEtumiGl.jpg

4A5RdQ3l.jpg

After about 15 mins of idling and an hour of driving I have yet to notice much increase in power, but the engine certainly starts, runs and accelerates much smoother. So just for that I'd say it was worth while.

Skrrrt

O5UzknKl.jpg

spKYdc4l.jpg

3jbhVNJl.jpg

Was driving down the highway, when all of a sudden my brakes started sounding like truck engine brakes.

Got off at the next exit and just as I was slowing down to pull over my front right wheel locked up.
Guess one of my caliper bolts came loose
Also the force of the wheels locking up ruined the base of my coilover... gonna be a month before I can get a replacement part for that.

Back