• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Acceleration with Fuel enrichment in LH 2.4

Brickinthewall

During the years I have tried to chip my Volvo 940s but when I bought a BroadBandLambdaSensor I noticed the lack of fuel when putting the throttle down.

When I had an aftermarket system installed it was easy to just adjust fuel acceleration enrichment parameters for fuel enrichment.

But this time I want a reliable brick to go for long fishing or skiing trips and I dont want the M.O.T to hustle with me as with my last build, that didn't pass for several reasons.
So I have thoughts of LH 2.4 if there is possibilities to get a decent fuel enrichment active.

Back to the question
B204FT have fuel enrichment by EGT on analog input 28
B230FT have fuel enrichment to analog in 28 from EZ-K output 4

In some wiring diagrams for 940B230FK theres an extra cable to socket C55/pin3 connected to analog input 28.
In some forums they say that the hardware configuration on ECU 950(b204FT)equals to 962(B230FT)...

When I downloaed Tunerpro RT and some *.xdf:s I did see a file called something like fuel enrichment for the 962(B230FT) ECU. If that is configured in the hardware and the part activated in the software it would be nice ?

Have someone tried to use this for gaining more fuel during acceleration ?
Or is there other ways in LH 2.4 for fuel enrichment during acceleration like an aftermarket system uses the TPS.

Last edited:
So it is possible to adjust the fuel enrichment on top of the main fuel map.
I believed or were told it was not possible and therefore you needed to get an aftermarket system and run that with a TPS(potentiometer).

So then I need to get me the Mostrich hardware and Tunerpro application.
For solving the issue that the car runs lean when flooring the pedal in the area of closed loop lambda regulation.

I thought I needed to modify the LH2.4 inputs with and arduino to get the functions of a aftermarket system.

But what is the system looking (inputs) at when adding acceleration fuel
Wich inputs does LH2.4 use or is there an advanced algoritm... ? :-D

Now I am confused

I remember when we tuned the acceleration enrichment via Ipdown's LH editor + Ostrich on a B204FT, the map he named acceleration enrichment had exactly this effect. Worked great, we could adjust from much too little enrichment to massive overfueling/bogging. Has been many years ago so I forgot the details. So not sure if that was with lambda flag on or off..

Guys

Thank you very much for the replies now I will go on with buying Ostrich/Tunerpro....
I trust does LH2.4 boxes more than aftermarket setups to be more reliable. I dont want a stop thats unfixable when I in a nearby future take my car for a long fishingtrip in Lappland.
My car is going to run with 86mm crank ported 530, rebuilt 19T and the rest of the stuff...
Just a reliable car thats a little bit quicker...
Thank you very much this helped a lot :)

best regards

There's no reason an aftermarket system can't be just as reliable as LH. I have a heavily modified and tuned LH setup in my 244, and MS on the b230ft in my truck. MS starts quicker and behaves better coming into and coming off of boost. LH closed loop seems to be more consistent. LH loves to backfire out the exhaust on tip-in after a hard pull and a long decel event, which is a lot of fun with unsuspecting passengers but overall a bit of a pita and a result of my vta bov.

As far as tuning your accel enrich, like JW240 was saying, the table labeled accel enrichment does exactly that. Dial a little more in at a time, as a little change makes a big difference there. It's also not a long-term enrichment event, more to compensate for a large, sudden increase in air mass. If you're lean across the board, modify your main map or injector constants to get general changes in fueling.

Last edited:
NA acceleration enrichment

Thought I’d use an existing thread to explore this more - I’m using LH2.4 NA - so it “should” have a functional full load / wide open throttle enrichment, since the TPS includes a WOT signal unlike T system.

Verified TPS is providing signal to ECU

What I’m not seeing is a discernible enrichment response on my wideband meter.

Anyone familiar with NA mapping to guide me as to where to look?

I’m using a 951 LF 244 M230F bin

On your NA lh2.4 when you go WOT it changes to a different fuel map. In the bin there is another fuel map, change that map. It might be the exact same as the main map is why you notice no change in fueling when you go WOT.

If you have an ostrich you can do the trace thing and see where the program goes when you click the WOT switch, then you know where the Wot map is in the bin.

Other option is look at the bin with say WinOLS program with 3d viewer and find the maps that way.

Or maybe someone else here knows where that WOT map is in the 951 bin.

Using LH2.4 editor program says Wot map at 6531 and it's 1x17 map.

Also possible wot enrich map at 65C3 1x17

and another at 65E7 1x17

wotmap.jpg

On your NA lh2.4 when you go WOT it changes to a different fuel map. In the bin there is another fuel map, change that map. It might be the exact same as the main map is why you notice no change in fueling when you go WOT.

We've always had success changing the main 16x16 map for WOT fueling in our NA car, are you saying these 1x17s are for main fueling or fueling enrichment? Just started playing with turbo cars and was surprised to see there is no use of the WOT switch.

Trying to learn a little something here.

6531 is WOT enrichment. The other two are better defined in MrJaybreezes XDF for use with TunerPro: 65C3 is cold start enrichment and 65E7 is cranking enrichment. I would like to know what the values in the table represent, though. I know I can just raise them.

In LH 24 Editor it looks like this:

65_CEE169-_F2_EA-49_E3-_AE4_A-4_D5_CAF470_D19.png

In Tunerpro (using v.26 XDF) it looks like this:

62_F7_D658-7889-451_E-9120-_B2_EC744_B6634.png

We'll when the WOT switch is enabled it adds more fuel that is defined by the WOT table there and the table has RPM references.
Says right there in the tunerpro RPM dependant.

What else do you need to know?

We'll when the WOT switch is enabled it adds more fuel that is defined by the WOT table there and the table has RPM references.
Says right there in the tunerpro RPM dependant.

What else do you need to know?

What the numbers represent. It’s the same with the upshift indicator, which I’d like to set @ 6k for each gear, but without some way to translate the cell values, I have no idea how to do it.

I raised the values in the RPM dependent adder, and now I’m getting WOT afr ‘s in the (@3.5-5.5k rpm) 13.3 range, much better than the 14 I was seeing. So, I’m happy with that, just have no idea what the numbers I added actually represent in any meaningful way.

Back