• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mini-SE October 27-29 2017

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
All the usual rules and old things apply:
The rough format:

Friday night drag strip
Saturday dyno day
Saturday night party night (but since the dyno is at the same location, yay... I think)
Sunday cleanup and GTFO

All at the new old location of heebspeed HQ, montgomery Alabama.

So, short notice on this one, the new (probably) permanent dates for SE-future shall be in the spring (mid/late spring, will take vote later).

The Real rules(tm):
1) this used to be the no hoopty rule. It still is. If you don't think your car will make it, beg/borrow/steal/rent something reliable, esp if you lack the self control to not engage in shenanigans.
2) bring spare parts for things you think you'll need, and even maybe a few you can't live without. if this includes an engine, see #1
3) sleeping stuff, toiletries, clothes for I'd say 4-5 days just in case (no, I don't want you here this long, but if you get dirty, the ditch out front doesn't always have clean warshin' water in it)
4) money. bring enough for food, gas, shens, and emergencies. We have a pull a part in town, but good luck with them having anything you'd actually need.

Camping may be permitted, weather depending. usually october is pretty good to us, we have space for the party regardless (Carport/ workshop), but you may find it better to get a hotel room at one of the ~10 minute away hotels by the interstate.

I'm in.

Not sure if Mrs. Marv and lil Marv will come but I'll be there. I'd definitely like/pay for some dyno time too.

In. Probably solo. If there's room to hang a hammock somewhere, I'll just do that. Might bring the bike or the new wagon depending on hoopty status.

I'm in.

Not sure if Mrs. Marv and lil Marv will come but I'll be there. I'd definitely like/pay for some dyno time too.

I'll work up the dyno stuff a little closer to the date. you can also skip over whenever, just a bit of heads up.

no worries, there will be one in the spring (And that will be the case going forward)

saw that. you hit it with your purse yet? lol. iirc it's an m8 bolt about the same length as the oil pan bolts, maybe 5mm longer.

wish I could make it to this, but its looking like this project at work is going to keep me on nights (7/12s) until Christmas time :-(

maybe the spring one can happen for me, been wanting to make it down to Montgomery for years

Back