• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'92 940 2.0T Estate - Reaper ride!

Bull****. I drove a B200FT with 15G at 1.5 bar (that's 21,7 psi), 3" exhaust without cat and some custom chip. It worked wonders, should have had around 260HP. No problems at all.

Must agree, B200FT is a great engine, and SAME as B230FT in every possible way except the bore!
And Volvo ingeneers are just dumb and don't give a sh*t so they slapped on 530 head on it!!!
We have here B200FT with 531 head put on it, and it's bigger combustion chamber, and it pulls like a train...for long time now....

It's just like B23 and B21 before B2XX engines...

Bull****. I drove a B200FT with 15G at 1.5 bar (that's 21,7 psi), 3" exhaust without cat and some custom chip. It worked wonders, should have had around 260HP. No problems at all.

I will open the spare engine, yes the same B200FT. And you will see: It's bull**** you are writing down.
The casting mould of the B200 is definetily different from B230
From outside it LOOKS like the same, but casting cores are different. 100%

The combustionroom is ****. even if you drive this scrap with a good feeling.....
The mpg is worse then the B230.

I will do pics and everyone will see this kind of leadership of a red pencil in a company.

lindy-muc: No chance, not on this level :oogle:

Religion is in believing something (or not)
Knowledge is....

try it with another person

have a good day

Quit your selective reading mocambique-amazon. I said putting a bigger turbo on worked fine. I said nothimg about you being wrong about the differences in the bores. And yes, mileage isn't much better than a B230. But that's also something I kept my mouth shut about. Hold your horses dude.

Welcome, fellow UK-er!

There's nothing wrong with tuning a B200. The portion of the chamber which is in the head overlaps the deck of the block slightly in a couple of places. Slightly. In a couple of places. It's not a "mushroom shape". UK Tbrickers have had a couple of B200 cars reliably running 260+bhp with relatively minor work. Because the head is the same (and the limiting factor in terms of peak horsepower in many applications), they have the nice effect of making similar peak horsepower numbers (B200 vs B230), all else being equal.

The issue is that you do notice the reduction in torque in the heavier chassis, but I'm sure it'll be perfectly adequate for what you're doing.

cheers

James

Funny you should say that :) Spent the day getting it down and fitting the mossive induction kit I cobbled together. Doesnt need a dump valve, it gives it the big whoosh, everytime you put your foot down! (Sorry for the crap pic)

94060s_zps31cf697c.jpg

Back