• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Rear Springs - Any Rate, Any Height...

Maybe make this thread for front springs too?

240 Diesel front springs:

Freestanding height --- 17 5/16"
Coil thickness --- 14mm

I don't know what my stock DL springs are height wise, but the coil thickness is the same. Please add other specs on here like turbo springs.

John

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the 740's spring diameter is the same? You could put a 240 upper mount on the upper on the 740, and essentially do the same thing if that's the case... I will totally do this if it works, I need stiffer rear's, and I'm happy w/ my front rate for now...

I used 1978 240DL wagon springs on my 740 rear, and they are the same diameter. The only hitch was cutting a few coils off, and noting that the pigtails are bolted to the frame on the 740, and the trailing arm on the 240.

True... So essentially bolting the top spring perch from the 240, and putting it on the top of the 700 would make it usable for 700 series too... So do you think worm gear pipe clamps around the spring and lower seat would be enough to keep it in place? I don't want stuff poppin out :eek:

Back