• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K-jet.org website down - collecting info to move to alternate web address.

Happy to host it if you guys can get the stuff and control of the DNS records. Just PM me if you can get hold of fivealive and convince him to hand it over to a new generation of TBers.

Happy to host it if you guys can get the stuff and control of the DNS records. Just PM me if you can get hold of fivealive and convince him to hand it over to a new generation of TBers.

I contacted fivealive the same day I started this thread. I offered to buy or coordinate the buying of the contents of K-jet.org. I haven't gotten any response. I don't know what his motivations are, but I'd be willing to chip in money as well. Blocking the site from the Internet Archive doesn't seem to me like a sign of good intentions.

All of the greenbooks seem to be available here in a browser-based Flash version (not downloadable). It takes a bit for them to load in Chrome on my computer, but then I can page through them.

http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/240-260/volvo-240-260-service-manual/

And according to the disclaimer: "Volvotips has the exclusive courtesy of Volvo Car Corporation and Volvo Cars Heritage to publish the Volvo Greenbooks (service manual), parts catalogs and other Volvo-material and publications. Commercial use and publishing at other websites of these items is prohibited."

I contacted fivealive the same day I started this thread. I offered to buy or coordinate the buying of the contents of K-jet.org. I haven't gotten any response. I don't know what his motivations are, but I'd be willing to chip in money as well. Blocking the site from the Internet Archive doesn't seem to me like a sign of good intentions.

I'm in for $100.00. Worth every penny for all the time it has saved me.:nod:

Also, between everyone on this board, the collection of downloaded green
books MUST be present almost in full, at least for 200/700/900 cars, if not
more. So, how about a thread dedicated to weeding out these files in a
distributed fashion. I know I at least have a few pertinent ones on one of
my machines. I'd have to look for them, but I bet everyone has a few, and
although the overlap will be sizable, the full set should be close to complete
for all intents and purposes.

As for the rest of the non-download content from the site (text), google's
cache has it for now, so if you care, grab it from there before it fades out
forever and we all miss out on this piece of community history.

Hi everyone,

A Bruce here. I run ozvolvo.org, the Australian Volvo forums. I'm going to re-host everything I can get hold of under an archive project off the back of Oz Volvo (free for all, in perpetuity) as well as making things available via torrent.

If you have Greenbooks, brochures, or any other technical documentation, please dump them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/SJtQR35mGr1zZOEyiU7V

And I'll organise it all in the coming weeks.

Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone,

A Bruce here. I run ozvolvo.org, the Australian Volvo forums. I'm going to re-host everything I can get hold of under an archive project off the back of Oz Volvo (free for all, in perpetuity) as well as making things available via torrent.

If you have Greenbooks, brochures, or any other technical documentation, please dump them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/SJtQR35mGr1zZOEyiU7V

And I'll organise it all in the coming weeks.

Thanks for any help!

Dude, a tip of the hat to you good sir! I'll have to dig thru the archives, think I have some stuff that isn't greenbook but is still awesome reference material. :)

That's what we get for talking bad about WWD bolbos.:oops:

But seriously, thankful he hosted it for so long. Hopefully we can get all that info back up somewhere. Thanks to jamesinc for offering to help.

I've received 5.2GB of technical documentation so far, along with a heap of vintage Volvo print ads, keep it coming!

Edit: don't worry about possibly submitting the same docs as someone else, I can de-duplicate it fairly easily.

That's what simple checksums are for ;-) May I recommend distributing in a Git repo? Maybe some hashed source ID in each commit? That way it can be reliably and verifiable distributed with epic redundancy.

Also, allow me to be your mirror, I'd be glad to.

I have a couple accessory install manuals I'd gladly scan and add to a collection as well. Volvo 7/900 cargo cover install manual and a radio bezel manual.

Happy to include whatever you can provide. I've got about 700 documents at the moment, or 9.6GB of data. That's after de-duplicating everything. We're just working out the details of hosting and organising it all.

I think I have a copy of that site from a couple of years ago. I'll have to check my backups...

Edit: Not sure how complete it is, grabbed in 2012 but here's a dropbox link to the archive.

Last edited:
Back