• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, Chris!

So far it looks like a miss on the compressor wheels...just got off the phone with Blouch. Turns out they won't take it either. I'm going to give ATP a ring (no names mentioned, of course) and see whether they will take the CHRA. If all else fails the next option will be to use a slightly larger wheel and have a compressor cover machined to fit.

As for getting a torque spec, that would be wonderful!

H

As another last-ditch effort short of buying another CHRA new, I contacted a manufacturer in Malaysia called KTS. Looks like they supply a large chunk of billet compressor wheels to the big name aftermarket turbo companies. We'll see how this pans out.

Because when Asher and I first reassembled the BBSs, I just stared at it for a while. He looks at me and says, "I know that look! That'll do, Pig, that'll do".

That'll ****ing do, indeed.

Also because it's painfully slow for how much money and time he has dumped into it

Drove it back to back with an E46 M3. Other than the powerband being much wider and amazeballs on the M3, the 242 was not far behind.

Thankyouverymuch, flexplate-boy.

Been driving, tuning, and adjusting the last couple weeks. Got about 160 miles in the tank of mostly in town driving with 1/8 of a tank left. It's way better than the B21.

Made a slight mistake with the drain. Made it too long. Wasn't apparent on the engine stand. Oil pooled. It was ugly. Also replaced the FPR return to hard line hose.

Oops...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-t5Psm5MXSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
nZ3O8awh.jpg

Clean
ouxKZ6qh.jpg

Gasket glue
raNbhWLh.jpg

The replaced

C7veKcbh.jpg

The replacement
HTo6Fhrh.jpg

Fuel return 1
RRmoztTh.jpg

Fuel return 2
4S0kl92h.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wGQS7btwV4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Soon, my sweet.
4LxuGJqh.jpg

Oh yeah, we also had a wind storm. Guess it takes priority over car work until I finish it...

oFdgzN6h.jpg

Oh yeah, waiting for the matching shocks from Yoshifab. Thanks, BNE.

6lbFVJZh.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words, Adam!

Oh I partake in the work and make the trips for materials. It offsets long hours in the garage. Haha

Hmmmm...you may have something there. I'm getting tired of working in the middle of the night so this strategy may be worth pursuing...

Back