• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 OEM Volvo E-Code Headlamps and side lights from Skandix AG

Great post. I've even noticed a cutoff degradation when going from worn out oem reflectors to new aftermarket reflectors in genuine housings. Worth the money for sure!

Thanks for posting the final pictures and info. I will likely order a set this week. Might get some tail lights too, since the OEM E-code versions of those are considerably cheaper than buying U.S. lights from a dealer over here.

I noticed you ordered the "daytime running light" versions of the corner lamps. Are you planning on wiring them up to use this function?

Quick update Conner:

DRL do not work now as the e code park lamps are wired diff. Euro spec vehicles use a switch that is for DRL. I am not going to worry about it as the upper lamp works normally as park lamp and runs with the headlamps. I will post some pic later

Quick update Conner:

DRL do not work now as the e code park lamps are wired diff. Euro spec vehicles use a switch that is for DRL. I am not going to worry about it as the upper lamp works normally as park lamp and runs with the headlamps. I will post some pic later

So even with the kit Dan Stern referenced in the email, they won't work without the Euro spec switch?

Not too worried about it I guess. Wasn't sure if I even wanted the DRLs, but I did order that style corner lamp set just in case. Mine are in the mail.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Good info. I put projectors in my ecodes since the buckets I got were junk when they arrived. I've been kicking around the idea of getting a nicer set and going back to halogen bulbs or an H4 hi-low HID.

Sorry to bump an old thread, guys. A few years ago, I bought FCP's aftermarket E-Code kit (obviously non-Skandix).

It appears that FCP now supplies an aftermarket E-Code kit made by Skandix. Is this one the same with what's sold on the Skandix site?

If you don't want to contact FCP to ask. I would ask the folks at Skandix. In fact I would buy from Skandix. They speak English and the shipping from Germany isn't really expensive and it's very fast.

OP bought genuine Volvo headlights which can only be bought from skandix. Skandix offers genuine and aftermarket headlights. Ordering genuine lights from skandix is the best way to go.

If you don't want to contact FCP to ask. I would ask the folks at Skandix. In fact I would buy from Skandix. They speak English and the shipping from Germany isn't really expensive and it's very fast.

Have ordered $3,000+ in BMW parts from FCP (so a big fan). I'm also fairly sure what they stock is made by Skandix (at least now), as it indicates here. I purchased a pair of double-clear 245 taillights from Skandix a few weeks ago and shipping was EUR 55 :-( . Nonetheless, will contact Skandix's rep referenced in OP's post.

OP bought genuine Volvo headlights which can only be bought from skandix. Skandix offers genuine and aftermarket headlights. Ordering genuine lights from skandix is the best way to go.

Thanks for clarifying, clicked after seeing the Volvo branded boxes in the OP's post.

Your shipping was 55 euros because they use flat rate shipping. For your 55 euros you get 31kg of weight. So the best thing to do is use as much of the weight you can with buying other cool volvo parts you need.

I bought a Simons sport system, B18 oil fill cap, two breather hoses for the oil fill cap and it was only about 20kg. The box was huge and still arrived in less than a week.

Actrually was a bit more like 22 or 24kg but you get the idea.

Last edited:
“Went online and added the four parts to my cart and the total was 471.86 E with shipping and VAT tax. When I entered all my info to complete the order, the price dropped to 404.51 E or $457.84 dollars. I guess that you get a discount when you sign up for the website.“

This is because ordering outside of Europe you aren’t required to pay the VAT.

Also dl how do you like the simons exhaust? Is it on na or t?

Yes, the simons exhaust is for n/a 240. Aluminized mandrel bent mild steel system. Over the axle design. They cost more but are very well made. I like them better than the stock genuine Volvo over the axle system I used prior to this latest one. This is my second Simons system.

They are also quiet because of Germany drive by noise law but have a nice large bore tip. My frist one lasted about 6 years or so. Definitely flow better than stock but I wouldn't call it high performance.

Thanks. Currently running stock exhausts on both my 740s but figure they won’t last that long, will be going with Simons next.

Yeah - I'm looking to confirm if these lights are the "good" lights that the OP is advocating for.

Those are aftermarket. They are light years (pardon the pun) ahead of the craptastic Volvo plastic lenses that we got but they are not nearly as nice as the Volvo E-code units.

Last edited:
Back