• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230FT reconditioning guide? 88 744t

rallydallas

I'd love to rebuild my 88 744t engine someday and started rooting around looking for a reconditioning guide. I have one for 1975-1984 240 B23 but I'd think maybe 1988 or 1993 B230FT might be different? If it isn't, then I guess it'd work. Any suggestions?

You can also use a Haynes manul for some printed reference. I would also suggest reading up on the stealthfti pbase page for lots of great Volvo engine rebuilding information.

You can also use a Haynes manul for some printed reference. I would also suggest reading up on the stealthfti pbase page for lots of great Volvo engine rebuilding information.

Yes, if you want a trip down memory lane of a old hobbyist..
MOST of his writing is "old wives tales" and he admits himself that he "learned everything" taling with "some guy who did maintenance on the LA busses in the 1960s"

I prefer the simple clear Haynes to the dogmatic mythologizing.

Somewhere I've got the perfect Greenbook for your reconditioning project..... let me look and find the #. Covers it all..... JUST THE FACTS MA'AM, as old Joe Friday used to say. I'd start with their recommendations.

And as John says.... start saving $$$$.

Somewhere I've got the perfect Greenbook for your reconditioning project..... let me look and find the #. Covers it all..... JUST THE FACTS MA'AM, as old Joe Friday used to say. I'd start with their recommendations.

And as John says.... start saving $$$$.

Sounds great! Yeah, I have some money saved up. No kids. No mortgage. No wife. Just Volvos.

I believe that is the same RECON. manual I was referring to. For certain, the one I have covers the B23, so probably.

Back