home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 07-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
whalepirot
Board Member

Question Service Manual?

Have seen the DVDs and link offerings on auction site, also the pricey Green Books. Past experience with Haynes, Chilton and limited Bentley indicate they're about worthless. Also read that Bently has good wiring diagram.

What you y'all reference for DIYs?
whalepirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
dl242gt
Can play the blues

When I first started getting the green books. I just bought the sections I needed. Nothing is better with a printed wiring diagram than the green book versions. That said the online stuff is good nowadays with volvowiringdiagrams.com helping a lot. I wouldn't say Haynes and chilton are worthless but they aren't factory information. They are good for specs and photos of stuff. I always liked how Haynes manuals showed you how to adjust valves on the pushrod engines with one rotation of the engine.

You marked 760 in your thread so for that car I don't think there is a bentley manual. I would suggest at least getting the green book wiring diagrams for your car. The Haynes is a good basic manual. Also don't forget about youtube. Robert diy has a lot of car repair videos for example. I don't know if he has any 760 stuff. You can get an online subscription to something like alldata as well. The newer a 760 got the more different it got from a 740 so it is important to have access to factory info for them.
dl242gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
whalepirot
Board Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl242gt View Post
When I first started getting the green books. I just bought the sections I needed. Nothing is better with a printed wiring diagram than the green book versions. That said the online stuff is good nowadays with volvowiringdiagrams.com helping a lot. I always liked how Haynes manuals showed you how to adjust valves on the pushrod engines with one rotation of the engine.
Very helpful, as this forum's fellows were when this car had low power issues, during many month$ of home labors. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl242gt View Post
You marked 760 in your thread ....the more different it got from a 740 so it is important to have access to factory info for them.
Tis indeed a 760 wagon (765) and my wife's fav car, having a few options. Both are beauts and quite mature!

This is the reply from a certain offering on that site: It is over 30gbs in size and has to be installed on and ran from a computer, it can not be ran from a DVD

It does not need a Internet connection

Last edited by whalepirot; 07-10-2018 at 07:23 PM..
whalepirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #4
Jack
junkman

I got a bunch of 7/9 books I’m selling cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBrick
Don’t bother, I would literally rather throw them away than give you the pleasure. I will never sell to you.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
tintintin
Board Member

Don't forget about the downloadable greenbooks from volvotips:

http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/7...repair-manual/

tintintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
lummert
Board Member

I have three different manuals covering RWD and FWD Volvo. None of them do a good job of covering the 88-90 760.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #7
lummert
Board Member

I have three different manuals covering RWD and FWD Volvo. None of them do a good job of covering the 88-90 760. Be best info I've found is for the 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo which was sold in North America as the 1991 940 SE.
lummert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:20 PM   #8
Wren
Porkchop Sandwiches

What year is your 760?
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote