• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lost my damn redblock T5 flywheel and clutch

apachechef

Burnt Sierra Madre
Dammit, through three moves, I've misplaced the flywheel and clutch and pp from a T5 trans swap in a 242 I bought a while back
Gotta get new ones otherwise the lost ones won't ever show up

I'm this:
https://www.stsmachininginc.com/pro...t-flywheels-notched-60-2-redblock-240-740-940
and something from clutchnet that will handle the 300HP I'm shooting for on my B230 2.5L turbo motor.

I wantto use this ford T5 that was used with another redblock.

Help guide me?

I also have this setup. Clutch pedal is a bit heavy with a cable clutch, but the fx250 disc is really smooth on engagement.

I am planning to run a cable so that's nice to hear. I know everyone says hydro hydro but eh, cable is easy?

I am planning to run a cable so that's nice to hear. I know everyone says hydro hydro but eh, cable is easy?

Cable is easy. I'm pretty much used to my clutch, but every time I get in someone else's car I almost put the pedal through the floor. If it was easier to do a hydro clutch on a 140, I'd definitely do it.

This is compared to the STS flywheel with a stock sized "stage 2" clutch from Yoshifab. That thing was easier than my stock clutch on the B18.

not any harder to do either. More expensive? Probably, but then you don't need a crappy plastic sheathed cable.

FWIW, I used the spaced throwout bearing in my trans (with the Ford retainer), M90 fork, 740 slave, M12 banjo to -3, to a 3/16" brake line to a Wilwood GS 5/8" master. It was so heavy with the 260 master and a regular TO bearing that the pivot in the bell housing snapped and the firewall visibly flexed when pushing the pedal.

Now it's a little heavy, but not too heavy. Nice and easy to modulate too.

Back