• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

non-volvo engine swap sub-forum

96 t5 wagon

Is there enough interest or traffic for this topic to have it made into a sub-forum in the performance and suspension section of the board? Or is a section like this already in existence and I simply overlooked it?

Would be nice to have a subforum - but I don't know if there is enough traffic on the whole web to support a sub-forum.

Art
88 745GLE 5.0

subforums suck. they dont get any traffic so the only people who go into them are thread-starters. basically **** subforums.

I agree about the low traffic but a engine swap sub forum sure would make it a lot easier to find information due to the 4 character and up limitation of the Bulletin Forum search function.

I'm doing a Ford 302/4R70W into an '82 245 in case anyone wants to chat.

If not a subforum certainly at least a stickied thread, but I can see that getting messy as it goes back and fourth between different swaps and discussions. A subforum would be easist and cleaner I suppose because it would allow for certain topics or types of swaps to be localized instead of getting lost in a stickied thread.

I think a sub forum would indeed attract those looking. Thats the key. Maybe not everyone cares about engine swaps, fine. The ones who do are already use to searching and looking for info/help.
As it sits now its frustrating to find fellow (non Volvo) engine swappers here.

Swap forum

Brickboard has a swap forum:
http://www.brickboard.com/V8/
Which was quite active about 4-5 years ago, (while I was doing my swap).
It seems to be largely ignored at this point.
It was, and continues to be a good source of information, espcially for V8 swaps. Though others have been there with ideas, information, questions and so-forth.

Back