• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'92 240 Heater Hose Replacement

wetplates

Had the upper heater hose spring a leak. Will be replacing both hoses while I am in there. (I am referring to the 2 hoses that go in/out of the heater core at the fire wall.)

None of the local places have the hoses in stock, and ordering them, even through amazon will not get them here till end of day Tuesday...and I need to be able to drive the car before then if at all possible.

Can I use regular heater hose (bulk) for this fix, or do I really need to wait on the correctly bent/formed hoses for the car?

Thanks!

Chris

You can temporarily cut out the section where the leak is and install a bras joiner. Actually you could permanently do this but i wouldn’t.

0021887_brass-straight-hose-joiner-16mm.jpeg

Just make sure to get the right size

Try to stay away from the ?RO hoses or whatever. I went with Mackey (sp?) hoses and they seem to be high quality.

If you don't mind doing the job twice and paying twice then use any heater hose the right diameter and drive the car. When the right one comes in go at it again.

just cut the hoses and loop them so coolant can circulate and take the heater core out of the loop, get a couple feet of heater hose for a few bucks and worry about it later this will hurt nothing

You can temporarily cut out the section where the leak is and install a bras joiner. Actually you could permanently do this but i wouldn?t.

0021887_brass-straight-hose-joiner-16mm.jpeg

Just make sure to get the right size

Try to stay away from the ?RO hoses or whatever. I went with Mackey (sp?) hoses and they seem to be high quality.

Its split right at the coolant pipe...no need to split the pipe and put in a union...it would be twice the work.

Just gonna replace both hoses while there.

Im gonna order the correct hoses and do it once and be done.

Thanks!

Chris

I'm replacing my heater control valve and want to put in new hose while in there but I've been looking all over for the number to these hose... What are they? There's 3 from what I've read. 1983 240 turbo wagon. Thanks

Last edited:
That's a cool catalog- Them hose numbers don't work anymore though. Only hose I find from IPD and others are from the head to the firewall in the engine compartment. It looks like Wetplates might have the correct numbers for me though- what are they Wetplates? Or maybe I'll have to bring the old hose with me to the parts store or use bulk. I'll keep searching.

Last edited:
Back