• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 82 245 Manual K-Jet No start

nuclearj

Car sat for three days and when I went to start, I did not get one hint that any electric was going anywheres. I just tried to jump it but nothing again, not even a flicker of life. What should I check next?

No cranking or dash lights? Make sure the red wire from the positive battery post is going to the left inner fender power distribution connector. That provides power to the dash, starter solenoid for example. How old is the battery? Do you have a meter so you can check the battery voltage?

Nope. No cranking or dash lights. The battery is brand new like 2 months ago. I talked to my mechanic and he said to check the terminal connections. I'm checking that out in a few minutes.

Corrosion is a thing on 240's in that area. Especially back when the cars were fairly new. The original translucent case batteries were known burpers of battery acid. When our original 245 still was using the translucent case batteries, we were lucky to get more than 2 years of reliable service before we'd either have total power loss or random stalling while driving issues. Once we switched to a black cased battery (also OE Volvo), the problems went away.

-J

Back