• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Never thought the day would come...

D.E

tvåförti
...when I bought a 740 for my own hard earned money.

Well, actually only about $100 of it. It's ugly, it's rusty and it pretty much sucks but it does have a B230/LH2.2 that seems to be running just fine and an M47 that shifts like it should and that is really all that matters for this one.

0497B5FF-816D-4EC6-A089-1B10F769C718_zpspjcnlsh4.jpg

Oh, and it's going to die. :) Updates to follow when shenanigans ensue.

I bought a 740 once. It was free. I drove it once. I never had a title, nor had a title in my name, so I technically never owned it. I sold it 3 weeks later for $500. Never again.

Did the most ghetto-tastic camber mod ever.

ADAED500-6B84-4B5F-86DD-32F2BF088EDB_zpsju3z7ng3.jpg

I just punched the bolt out, pushed the strut top in as far as it would go and drilled a new hole. Should work.

I also welded the diff but no pictures of that. I was busy being wet, oily and uncomfortable at the time.

I bought a 740 once. It was free. I drove it once. I never had a title, nor had a title in my name, so I technically never owned it. I sold it 3 weeks later for $500. Never again.

Pretty much the story of my 760. Except I put 2 motors in it and sold it for 1800. Of which I used 1200 to buy a proper 245 Turbo.

No A/C from the factory on Euro delivery 740?
Didn't know that. Thought they all had it.

Far from every 7 series had ac from factory in swedenland, more common in 9 series.. afaik it was a $900 option when buying a brand spanking new car :O

No A/C, no power windows. :) A/C is pretty uncommon on 7's but most 9's have it, at least the later ones.

Did some work today as well and I think it's about ready for action. First, I drained the 2 liters of pitch black oil that was in it and put in some nice new fully synthetic.

CCDAB01B-DC31-49BE-8ABC-F0A7A469D5BD_zps0chimwyr.jpg

Then I decided I might as well change the cam while I'm in the garage anyway. Usually doesn't take more than an hour to do on 240's at least. So I threw in some old VX stick I had laying around.

01818B66-23E0-49E1-B014-E36A74B3DF1D_zpscqek7pju.jpg

Didn't exactly go as smoothly as I'd hoped because of some small issues with the distributor. God I hate 740's... Also had some issues with my little timing belt ziptie trick there. Usually works, but now it skipped a few teeth. Oh well, it runs now and seems a bit happier at the revlimiter than before. :)

Back