• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LS swap into 240 guys...what radiator used?

Eviltwin

I'm having a heck of a time tracking down a used 940 rad in good shape.
Failing that option, is there an aftermarket (say Jegs\Summit\similar) that you used in lieu of the 940?

collecting the last pieces of my puzzle...

There?s a nice 940 turbo in the junkyard here, had the radiator last time I was there.

I can pull it and ship it to you, for a small fee

Or if you want some bling there are welded aluminum C4 radiators all over the place on eBay for just a little more.

Mind you, we're talking LS swaps here.

No real reason to put a big radiator in a N/A 240.

Good point. I just like fixing stuff that isn’t broken. More cooling capacity is cool. The 240s don’t really like to stay below 200F idling with the ac on. I know that’s nothing to worry about, I’m just spoiled by Toyota’s and their way overengineered cooling systems.

-Aluminum-Radiator-Fit-For-1984-1990-Chevrolet-Corvette-5-7L-V8-1985-1986/322807869522?hash=item4b28d93052:g:O0kAAOSwOfBZ1XRa

That's what I use in my turbo V8 244. No issues at all, using a trimmed 940 e fan on it

If you can’t get a Volvo fan (or Taurus/Thunderbird fan..same thing afaik) I would opt for some contour fans. They are great. If you have to go aftermarket, go Spal. Extremely high quality fans.

Back