• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vacuum enrichment switch 83 245t question

PDX245T

I was replacing vacuum lines and broke the vacuum port on the side of the switch. What other cars can I look for to find one? Or are they still available? It almost seems as though the car runs better, it may be the new lines, but I'm not getting a black cloud under acceleration in higher RPM's.
Thanks for any information.

You mean the boost enrichment switch? You could use a generic pressure switch from napa. You would have to adjust it so it grounds the connection at about 2.9psi. You shouldn't be getting a black cloud under boost however without the proper enrichment it is likely that you may detonate and cause engine damage. Sorry I don't know a part number but I remember people posting about a pressure switch from napa. Doubt if Volvo has it available. You can also put a request in wanted.

Maybe I have the wrong name. Mine is blue and yellow, is affixed at the firewall, has one vacuum port and two wires coming out of it.

If you'd like, I can swing by the yard up here that has an '85 244Ti in stock. If the switch is still there, I'll grab it for ya.

-J

If you'd like, I can swing by the yard up here that has an '85 244Ti in stock. If the switch is still there, I'll grab it for ya.

-J

That would be cool. I hit the SE yard here in PDX yesterday and found nothing.

Look up 'charge air overpressure' on eBay and let me know if that's what you need. I have one that I accidentally bought 😲. Could probably send it your way.

Back