• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Other Battlewagon, Part 2?

guest post courtesy of me:

David came over to my mom's place today since he doesn't have a driveway so we could do some thrashing on this thing before Davis. I'll let him post the nitty-gritty but I got a few pictures:

lbdsvFc.jpg

V4caHa7.jpg

also this thing makes neat boosty noises and pulls pretty damn nice

So yah, got a bunch of stuff done.

20170425_163129.jpg

I bought some S10 Bilsteins and new rear brake pads since the rear was really soft compared to the front and the rear pads were almost worn out with a ton of uneven wear.

20170425_163139.jpg

In usual tb fashion that turned into new calipers and rotors since the inner piston of both rear calipers had frozen. Explains the weird pad wear...

20170425_165630.jpg

While there I decided to cut 1/2 a coil out to get rid of the rake it had.

20170425_183953.jpg

Plastidip'd the gems white and slapped them back on. I also bought some spacers for the front and rear to fill in the wheel wells some but they were lost in shipping from LA to here. :grrr:

Also, Turd Ferguson in the corner being eaten away by spiders.

Oh yeah, also blew the dipstick tube out on the way home and gave the engine some rustproofing.

20170425_193340.jpg

**** M46s, AW71 forever.

20170525_140414_HDR.jpg

I have a habit of ruining transmissions whenever I go to Davis. Went and pulled a AW71L from a 940 and all the 240 stuff needed to hook it up. $122 from PnP on a half off day. Ordered a bunch of gaskets and things to refresh it. It goes in next weekend after I do the accumulator mod to it.

Long time no see.

245 was sold back in 2020, lost the will to keep up with the constant small issues I had with it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cO2wXdd_Cjs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As you can see I did pick up a 940 shortly before that, the thread should be up for that soon.

Back